Honda Accord: Driver's Airbag Replacement
NOTE: If replacing the driver's airbag after deployment, refer to Component Replacement/Inspection After Deployment (see page 24-208) for a complete list of.
other parts that must also be replaced.
1. Do the battery terminal disconnection procedure (see page 22-91), then wait at least 3 minutes before starting work.
2. Remove the access panel (A) from the steering wheel, then disconnect the driver's airbag 4P connector (B) from the cable reel 4P connector.
3. Remove the two TORX bolts (A) Using a TORX T30 bit.
4. Remove the driver's airbag (B).
NOTE: If you are replacing a deployed airbag, inspect the cable reel for heat damage. If there is any damage, replace the cable reel.
1. Place the driver's airbag (A) in the steering wheel, and secure it with new TORX bolts (B), using a TORX T30 bit.
NOTE: Make sure the clearance (C) between the steering wheel and horn pad is the specified value.
2. Connect t h e d r i v e r ' s airbag 4P connector (A) t o t he cable reel 4P connector, t h e n install t h e access panel (B) on the steering wheel.
3. Do u i o battery t e r m i n a l reconnection procedure (see page 22-91).
4. Clear any DTCs w i t h t h e HDS (see page 24-38).
5. A f t e r i n s t a l l i ng t h e a i r b a g , c o n f i rm proper s y s t em o p e r a t i o n : вЂў Turn t h e i g n i t i o n s w i t c h t o ON (II); t h e SRS indicator s h o u l d c o m e o n f o r about 6 seconds and t h e n go off.
вЂў Make sure t h e h o r n w o r k properly.
Safety of Larger Children
• Protecting Larger Children The following pages give instructions on how to check proper seat belt fit, what kind of booster seat to use if one is needed, and important precautions for a child ...
Rotating tires according to the maintenance messages on the information display*/ multi-information display* helps to distribute wear more evenly and increase tire life. Tires with directional ...
Parking/Daytime Running Light Bulbs
Parking/daytime running light bulbs are LED type. Have an authorized Honda dealer inspect and replace the light bulbs. ...