Honda Accord: Driver's Airbag Replacement
NOTE: If replacing the driver's airbag after deployment, refer to Component Replacement/Inspection After Deployment (see page 24-208) for a complete list of.
other parts that must also be replaced.
1. Do the battery terminal disconnection procedure (see page 22-91), then wait at least 3 minutes before starting work.
2. Remove the access panel (A) from the steering wheel, then disconnect the driver's airbag 4P connector (B) from the cable reel 4P connector.
3. Remove the two TORX bolts (A) Using a TORX T30 bit.
4. Remove the driver's airbag (B).
NOTE: If you are replacing a deployed airbag, inspect the cable reel for heat damage. If there is any damage, replace the cable reel.
1. Place the driver's airbag (A) in the steering wheel, and secure it with new TORX bolts (B), using a TORX T30 bit.
NOTE: Make sure the clearance (C) between the steering wheel and horn pad is the specified value.
2. Connect t h e d r i v e r ' s airbag 4P connector (A) t o t he cable reel 4P connector, t h e n install t h e access panel (B) on the steering wheel.
3. Do u i o battery t e r m i n a l reconnection procedure (see page 22-91).
4. Clear any DTCs w i t h t h e HDS (see page 24-38).
5. A f t e r i n s t a l l i ng t h e a i r b a g , c o n f i rm proper s y s t em o p e r a t i o n : вЂў Turn t h e i g n i t i o n s w i t c h t o ON (II); t h e SRS indicator s h o u l d c o m e o n f o r about 6 seconds and t h e n go off.
вЂў Make sure t h e h o r n w o r k properly.
Stall Speed Test
1. Wake sure the transmission fluid is filled to the proper level (see page 14-191). 2. Apply the parking brake, and block all four wheels. 3. Connect the HDS to the DLC (A) located under the ...
1. Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114). 2. Remove the screw and harness cover (A). 3. Disconnect the interface dial connector (A). Remove the screws and interface dial (B). NOTE: If the ...
Shift Lever Housing Replacement
NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components. - Take care not to scratch the center console, dashboard, and related parts. 1. Remove th ...