Honda Accord: Driver's Airbag Replacement
NOTE: If replacing the driver's airbag after deployment, refer to Component Replacement/Inspection After Deployment (see page 24-208) for a complete list of.
other parts that must also be replaced.
1. Do the battery terminal disconnection procedure (see page 22-91), then wait at least 3 minutes before starting work.
2. Remove the access panel (A) from the steering wheel, then disconnect the driver's airbag 4P connector (B) from the cable reel 4P connector.
3. Remove the two TORX bolts (A) Using a TORX T30 bit.
4. Remove the driver's airbag (B).
NOTE: If you are replacing a deployed airbag, inspect the cable reel for heat damage. If there is any damage, replace the cable reel.
1. Place the driver's airbag (A) in the steering wheel, and secure it with new TORX bolts (B), using a TORX T30 bit.
NOTE: Make sure the clearance (C) between the steering wheel and horn pad is the specified value.
2. Connect t h e d r i v e r ' s airbag 4P connector (A) t o t he cable reel 4P connector, t h e n install t h e access panel (B) on the steering wheel.
3. Do u i o battery t e r m i n a l reconnection procedure (see page 22-91).
4. Clear any DTCs w i t h t h e HDS (see page 24-38).
5. A f t e r i n s t a l l i ng t h e a i r b a g , c o n f i rm proper s y s t em o p e r a t i o n : вЂў Turn t h e i g n i t i o n s w i t c h t o ON (II); t h e SRS indicator s h o u l d c o m e o n f o r about 6 seconds and t h e n go off.
вЂў Make sure t h e h o r n w o r k properly.
Component Replacement/Inspection After DeploymentNOTE: вЂў Before doing any SRS repairs, check the DTCs (see page 24-36) for the less o b v i o u s deployed components (seat belt t e n s i o n e r s , front impact sensors, side airbag sensors ...
Front Passenger's Airbag ReplacementNOTE: If r e p l a c i n g t h e f r o n t passenger's airbag after d e p l o y m e n t , refer t o Component Replacement/ Inspection A f t e r Deployment (see page 24-208) f o r a c o m p l e t e ...
iPod Error Messages (Models without navigation system)
If you see an error message on the audio display while playing an iPod, find the solution in the chart to the right. If you cannot clear the error message, take your vehicle to your dealer. ...
Every time you check inflation, you should also examine the tires for damage, foreign objects, and wear. You should look for: Bumps or bulges in the tread or side of the tire. Replace the tire ...