Honda Accord: Damper/Spring Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
NOTE: When compressing the damper spring, use a commercially available strut spring compressor (Branick MST-580A or Model 7200, or equivalent) according to the manufacturer's instructions.
1. Compress the damper spring, then remove the self-locking nut (A) while holding the damper shaft with a hex wrench (B). Do not compress the damper spring more than necessary to remove the self-locking nut.
2. Release the pressure from the strut spring compressor, then disassemble the damper as shown in the Exploded View.
1. Reassemble all parts, except for the damper spring.
2. Compress the damper assembly by hand, and check for smooth operation through a full stroke, both compression and extension. The damper should extend smoothly and constantly when compression is released. If it does not, the gas is leaking and the damper should be replaced.
3. Check for oil leaks, abnormal noises, and binding during these tests.
1. Install the spring mounting cushion (A) on the damper mounting base (B) by aligning the tabs (C) and notches (D).
2. Install all the parts except the damper mounting washer and the self-locking nut onto the damper unit by referring to the Exploded View.
3. Compress the damper spring using a strut spring compressor. Do not compress the spring excessively.
4. Align the lower end (A) of the damper spring with the stepped part (B) of the dust cover lower mount and the lower spring seat on the damper unit.
5. Align the angle of the stud (A) on the damper mounting base (B) with the welded nut (C) on the bottom of the damper unit as shown.
6. Install the damper mounting washer (A), and loosely install the new self-locking nut (B).
7. Hold the damper shaft with a hex wrench (C), and . tighten the self-locking nut to the specified torque.
8. Remove the damper/spring from the strut spring compressor.
Front Bumper Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Have an assistant help you when removing and installing the front bumper. - Take care not to scratch the front bumper or the body. - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - When pr ...
EVAP Canister Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift. 2. Remove the wheel sensor harness clamps (A) 3. Support the rear subframe with a transmission jack and a wooden block as shown. 4. Remove the rear subframe m ...
Special Tools Required - Engine Support Hanger, A and Reds AAR-T1256* - Engine Hanger Adapter VSB02C000015* - Subframe Adapter VSB02C000016* *: Are available through the Honda Tool and Equipme ...