Honda Accord: Control Unit Input Test/Replacement
1. Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (see page 20-166).
2. Remove the screws, then disconnect the 28P connector (A) from the HandsFreeLink control unit (B).
3. Inspect the connector and socket terminals for a good pinfit to be sure they are all making good contact.
вЂў If the terminals are bent, loose or corroded, repair them as necessary, and recheck the system.
вЂў If the terminals look OK, go to step 4.
4. Reconnect the connector, and make these input tests at the connector.
вЂў If any test indicates a problem, find and correct the cause, then recheck the system.
вЂў If all the input tests prove OK, go to step 5.
5. Disconnect the 28P connector again, and make this input test at the connector.
вЂў If the test indicates a problem, find and correct the cause, then recheck the system.
вЂў If the input test proves OK, the HandsFreeLink control unitis faulty, replace it.