Honda Accord: Automatic Transmission
Check the fluid level with the engine at normal operating temperature.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground.
Start the engine, let it run until the radiator fan comes on, then shut off the engine. For accurate results, wait about 60 seconds (but no longer than 90 seconds) before doing step 2.
2. Remove the dipstick (yellow loop) from the transmission, and wipe it with a clean cloth.
3. Insert the dipstick all the way into the transmission securely as shown in the illustration.
4. Remove the dipstick and check the fluid level. It should be between the upper and lower marks.
5. If the level is below the lower mark, add fluid into the dipstick hole to bring it to the level between the upper and lower marks.
Pour the fluid slowly and carefully so you do not spill any. Clean up any spill immediately; it could damage components in the engine compartment.
Always use Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic transmission fluid).
6. Insert the dipstick all the way back into the transmission securely as shown in the illustration.
The transmission should be drained and refilled with new fluid according to the Maintenance Minder TM.
If you are not sure how to add fluid, contact your dealer.
Use only Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic transmission f luid). Do not mix with other transmission f luids.
Using transmission f luid other than Honda ATF DW-1 may cause deterioration in transmission operation and durability, and could result in damage to the transmission.
Damage resulting from the use of transmission f luid other than Honda ATF DW-1 is not covered by the Honda new vehicle warranty.
Manual Transmission4-cylinder models Check the fluid level with the transmission at normal operating temperature and the vehicle sitting on level ground. To check the transmission fluid level, remove the und ...
Combination Light Switch
1. Remove the driver's dashboard lower cover (see page 20-166). 2. Remove the steering column covers (see page 17-10). 3. Disconnect the 12P connector (A) from the combination light switch (B). ...
Parking Brake Cable Replacement
Exploded View NOTE: - The parking brake cables must not be bent or distorted. This will lead to stiff operation and premature cable failure. - Refer to the Exploded View as needed during this ...
How to Use This Manual
This manual is divided into multiple sections.The first page of each section is marked with a black tab that lines up with its corresponding thumb index tab on this page and the back cover. You c ...