Honda Accord: Automatic Transmission
Check the fluid level with the engine at normal operating temperature.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground.
Start the engine, let it run until the radiator fan comes on, then shut off the engine. For accurate results, wait about 60 seconds (but no longer than 90 seconds) before doing step 2.
2. Remove the dipstick (yellow loop) from the transmission, and wipe it with a clean cloth.
3. Insert the dipstick all the way into the transmission securely as shown in the illustration.
4. Remove the dipstick and check the fluid level. It should be between the upper and lower marks.
5. If the level is below the lower mark, add fluid into the dipstick hole to bring it to the level between the upper and lower marks.
Pour the fluid slowly and carefully so you do not spill any. Clean up any spill immediately; it could damage components in the engine compartment.
Always use Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic transmission fluid).
6. Insert the dipstick all the way back into the transmission securely as shown in the illustration.
The transmission should be drained and refilled with new fluid according to the Maintenance Minder TM.
If you are not sure how to add fluid, contact your dealer.
Use only Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic transmission f luid). Do not mix with other transmission f luids.
Using transmission f luid other than Honda ATF DW-1 may cause deterioration in transmission operation and durability, and could result in damage to the transmission.
Damage resulting from the use of transmission f luid other than Honda ATF DW-1 is not covered by the Honda new vehicle warranty.
Rewriting the ODO Data and
Transferring the Maintenance
Minder Data to a New Gauge Control
NOTE: вЂў Obtain a new gauge control module before starting the rewriting process. Only new gauges can be rewritten. вЂў Rewriting is not possible on a gauge control module that will not ...
Removing Discs from the Changer
To remove the disc that is currently playing, press the eject button. You will see ‘‘EJECT’’ in the center display. When you remove the disc from the slot, the system automatically e ...