Honda Accord: A/C Compressor Replacement
NOTE: Do not install the A/C compressor into a system unless you are completely sure that the system is free of contamination. Installing the A/C compressor into a contaminated system can result in premature A/C compressor failure.
1. If the A/C compressor is marginally operable, run the engine at idle speed, and let the air conditioning work for a few minutes, then shut the engine off.
2. Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/recycling/charging station (see page 21-80).
3. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30).
4. Remove the A/C condenser fan shroud (see page 10-13).
5. Disconnect the A/C compressor clutch connector (A).
Remove the bolts and the nut, then disconnect the suction hose (B) and the discharge hose (C) from the A/C compressor. Plug or cap the lines immediately after disconnecting them to avoid moisture and dust contamination.
6. Remove the mounting bolts and the A/C compressor (A), Be careful not to damage the radiator fins when removing the compressor.
7. Install the A/C compressor in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: вЂў Inspect the A/C lines for any signs of contamination.
вЂў If you're installing a new A/C compressor, you must calculate the amount of refrigerant oil to be removed from it (see page 21-6). A new A/C compressor comes with a full charge of oil.
вЂў Replace the O-rings with new ones at each fitting, and apply a thin coat of refrigerant oil before installing them. Be sure to use the correct O-rings for HFC-134a (R-134a) to avoid leakage.
вЂў Use only PAG refrigerant oil (DENSO ND-OIL 8) for HFC-134a A/C systems.
вЂў To avoid contamination, do not return the oil to the container once dispensed, and never mix it with other refrigerant oils.
вЂў Immediately after using the oil, reinstall the cap on the container, and seal it to avoid moisture absorption.
вЂў Do not spill the refrigerant oil on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; if the refrigerant oil contacts the paint, wash it off immediately.
вЂў Be careful not to damage the radiator fins when installing the A/C compressor and the A/C condenser fan shroud.
вЂў Charge the system (see page 21-81).
Playing Hard Disc Drive (HDD) Audio
The Hard Disc Drive (HDD) Audio function plays tracks from music CDs that have been recorded onto the built-in HDD. You can arrange the tracks in playlists or play the tracks using various sea ...
Symptom Troubleshooting Index
When the vehicle has one of these symptoms, check for VSA diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) with the HDS. If there are no DTCs, do the diagnostic procedure for the symptom, in the sequence listed, ...