Honda Accord: A/C Compressor Clutch Check
1. Check the pressure plate for discoloration, peeling, or other damage. If there is damage, replace the clutch set (see page 21-75).
2. Check the pulley bearing play and drag by rotating the pulley by hand. Also check for grease leakage from the bearing. Replace the clutch set with a new one if it is noisy, has excessive play/drag, or has bearing grease contamination on the clutch faces (see page 21-75).
NOTE: The pulley and the pressure plate were mated at the factory by a burnishing operation. Always replace the pulley and the pressure plate as a set.
Replacing only one part of the clutch set will cause clutch slippage.
3, Measure the clearance between the pulley (A) and the pressure plate (B) with a dial indicator. Zero out the indicator, then apply battery voltage to the A/C compressor clutch. Measure the movement of the pressure plate when the voltage is applied. If the clearance is not within the specified limits, the pressure plate must be reshimmed (see page 21-75).
Clearance; 0.35-0.60 mm (0.014-0.024 In)
NOTE; The shims are available in three thicknesses: 0.1 mm, 0.3 mm, and 0.5 mm.
4. Remove the pressure plate (see page 21-75), and inspect the pressure plate and pulley friction surfaces for wear. If there is excessive wear, roughness, or scoring, replace the clutch set.
5. Inspect the friction surfaces and the A/C compressor shaft hub for excess oil. If excess oil is present, and it is not from the engine or power steering system, then the A/C compressor shaft seal is leaking. Replace the A/C compressor (see page 21-72).
6. Check resistance of the field coil. If resistance is not within specifications, replace the field coil (see page 21-75).
Field Coil Resistance: 3 . 9 - 4 . 3 O at 68В° F (20 В°C)
Hood Opener Cable Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts. - Take care not to kink the hood opener cable. 1. Remove these items: - Front grille c ...
DTC P0443: EVAP Canister Purge Valve Circuit Malfunction Special Tools Required Vacuum Pump/Gauge, 0 - 3 0 In.Hg, Snap-on YA4000A or equivalent commercially available NOTE: Before you troubleshoo ...
Immobilizer Key Registration
NOTE: вЂў The HDS is required for registration of the immobilizer keys. вЂў Programming the immobilizer also programs the keyless transmitter. вЂў Check for aftermarket electrical eq ...