Honda Accord: Valve, Spring, and Valve Seal Installation
Special Tools Required
Stem Seal Driver, 30 mm 07PAD-0010000
Valve Spring Compressor Attachment 07757-PJ1010A
1. Coat the valve stems with new engine oil. Install the valves in the valve guides.
2. Check that the valves move up and down smoothly.
3. Install the spring seats on the cylinder head.
4. Install the new valve seals (A) using the 5.5 mm side of the stem seal driver, 30 mm (B).
NOTE: The exhaust valve seal (C) has a black spring (D), and the intake valve seal (E) has a white spring (F).
They are not interchangeable.
5. Install the valve spring and the spring retainer. Place the end of the valve spring with the closely wound coils toward the cylinder head.
6. Install the valve spring compressor attachment and the valve spring compressor. Compress the spring, and install the valve cotters.
7. Remove the valve spring compressor and the valve spring compressor attachment.
8. Lightly tap the end of each valve stem two or three times with a plastic mallet (A) to ensure proper seating of the valve and the valve cotters. Tap the valve stem only along its axis so you do not bend the stem.
You can manually select various functions of the climate control system when it is in fully automatic mode. All other features remain automatically controlled. Making any manual selection ca ...
Symptom Troubleshooting Index
When the vehicle has one of these symptoms, check for VSA diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) with the HDS. If there are no DTCs, do the diagnostic procedure for the symptom, in the sequence listed, ...
Ignition Key Light Test
1. Remove the steering column upper and lower covers (see page 20-181). 2. Disconnect the 6P connector (A). 3. The LED should come on when power is connected to terminal No. 6 and ground is co ...