Honda Accord: Valve, Spring, and Valve Seal Installation
Special Tools Required
Stem Seal Driver, 30 mm 07PAD-0010000
Valve Spring Compressor Attachment 07757-PJ1010A
1. Coat the valve stems with new engine oil. Install the valves in the valve guides.
2. Check that the valves move up and down smoothly.
3. Install the spring seats on the cylinder head.
4. Install the new valve seals (A) using the 5.5 mm side of the stem seal driver, 30 mm (B).
NOTE: The exhaust valve seal (C) has a black spring (D), and the intake valve seal (E) has a white spring (F).
They are not interchangeable.
5. Install the valve spring and the spring retainer. Place the end of the valve spring with the closely wound coils toward the cylinder head.
6. Install the valve spring compressor attachment and the valve spring compressor. Compress the spring, and install the valve cotters.
7. Remove the valve spring compressor and the valve spring compressor attachment.
8. Lightly tap the end of each valve stem two or three times with a plastic mallet (A) to ensure proper seating of the valve and the valve cotters. Tap the valve stem only along its axis so you do not bend the stem.
Front Air Spoiler Replacement
NOTE: -Take care not to scratch the front bumper, - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. 1. Remove ...
iPod Error Messages (Models without navigation system)
If you see an error message on the audio display while playing an iPod, find the solution in the chart to the right. If you cannot clear the error message, take your vehicle to your dealer. ...
You can set the temperature synchronously for the driver side and the passenger side in synchronized mode. 1. Press the SYNC button. - The system will switch to the synchronized mode. ...