Honda Accord: Front Seat Torsion Bar Replacement
2-door Driver's seat (manual height adjustable seat)
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to tear or damage the seat covers.
- When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage.
1. Remove the front seat (see page 20-194).
2. Adjust the seat to its maximum height.
3. Release the hook strips from both sides and under of the seat cushion frame, then loosen the seat cushion cover (see step 24 on page 20-232).
4. Lever a hooked shaped end of the torsion bar (A) down using a large flat-tip screwdriver.
5. While holding the torsion bar (A) twisted, pull out the end of the torsion bar of the seat frame, then carefully loosen the torsion bar.
6. Remove the other side end of the torsion bar from the hook (B), then remove the torsion bar from the seat frame.
7. Install the torsion bar in the reverse order of removal.
Rocker Arm and Shaft inspection
1. Remove the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-81). 2. Disassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82). 3. Measure the diameter of the shaft at the first rocker location. 4. Zero the gau ...
Although this seems like a simple procedure, you should take several precautions. A battery can explode if you do not follow the correct procedure, seriously injuring anyone nearby. Ke ...
A/C Compressor Replacement
NOTE: Do not install the A/C compressor into a system unless you are completely sure that the system is free of contamination. Installing the A/C compressor into a contaminated system can result in ...