Honda Accord: Rocker Arm Assemblf Installation
1. Reassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82).
2. Clean and dry the No. 5 rocker shaft holder mating surface.
3. Apply liquid gasket P/N 08717-0004, 08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the cylinder head mating surface of the No. 5 rocker shaft holder, and to the inside edge of the threaded bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: - Apply a 3 mm (0.12 in) diameter bead of liquid gasket along the broken line (A).
- If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
4. Install the lost motion assembly in the cylinder head.
5. Insert the bolts (A) into the rocker shaft holder, then install the rocker arm assembly (B) on the cylinder head.
6. Remove the bolts from the rocker shaft holder.
7. Make sure the punch marks on the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket are facing up, then set the camshafts (A) in the holder. Apply new engine oil to the camshaft journals and lobes.
8. Set the camshaft holders (B) and cam chain guide B (C) in place.
9. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
NOTE: If the engine does not have bolt
, skip it and continue the torque sequence.
8x1.25 mm 22 N-m (2.2 kgf-m, 16 Ibfft)
6x1.0 mm 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibfft)
6x1.0 mm Bolts: ,,
10. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64), then adjust the valve clearance (see page 6-58).
Oil Pressure Switch Replacement
1. Disconnect the oil pressure switch connector (A), then remove the oil pressure switch (B). 2. Remove any old liquid gasket from the switch and switch mounting hole. 3. Apply a very small am ...
Clutch Interlock Switch
M/T model 1, Disconnect the clutch interlock switch connector (A). 2. Loosen the locknut (B), then remove the clutch interlock switch (C). 3. Install the clutch interlock switch, and adjust th ...
General Troubleshooting Information
How to Check for DTCs with the HDS There are three methods used to check for DTCs. The recommended method is to use the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) with the appropriate software, plugged into th ...