Honda Accord: Rocker Arm Assemblf Installation
1. Reassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82).
2. Clean and dry the No. 5 rocker shaft holder mating surface.
3. Apply liquid gasket P/N 08717-0004, 08718-0003, or 08718-0009 to the cylinder head mating surface of the No. 5 rocker shaft holder, and to the inside edge of the threaded bolt holes. Install the component within 5 minutes of applying the liquid gasket.
NOTE: - Apply a 3 mm (0.12 in) diameter bead of liquid gasket along the broken line (A).
- If too much time has passed after applying the liquid gasket, remove the old liquid gasket and residue, then reapply new liquid gasket.
4. Install the lost motion assembly in the cylinder head.
5. Insert the bolts (A) into the rocker shaft holder, then install the rocker arm assembly (B) on the cylinder head.
6. Remove the bolts from the rocker shaft holder.
7. Make sure the punch marks on the variable valve timing control (VTC) actuator and the exhaust camshaft sprocket are facing up, then set the camshafts (A) in the holder. Apply new engine oil to the camshaft journals and lobes.
8. Set the camshaft holders (B) and cam chain guide B (C) in place.
9. Tighten the bolts to the specified torque.
NOTE: If the engine does not have bolt
, skip it and continue the torque sequence.
8x1.25 mm 22 N-m (2.2 kgf-m, 16 Ibfft)
6x1.0 mm 12 N-m (1.2 kgf-m, 8.7 Ibfft)
6x1.0 mm Bolts: ,,
10. Install the cam chain (see page 6-64), then adjust the valve clearance (see page 6-58).
Outboard Joint Side
1. Wrap the splines on the driveshaft with vinyl tape (A) to prevent damaging the outboard boot. 2. Install new ear clamp bands (B) and the outboard boot onto the driveshaft, then remove the viny ...
Cleaning the Seat Belts
If your seat belts get dirty, use a soft brush with a mixture of mild soap and warm water to clean them. Do not use bleach, dye, or cleaning solvents. Let the belts air dry before you use ...
Door Glass Adjustment
NOTE: Check the door weatherstrip and the glass run channel for damage or deterioration, and replace them if necessary. 1. Place the vehicle on a firm, level surface when adjusting the door glas ...