Honda Accord: Trunk Lid Latch Replacement
Special Tools Required
KTC Trim Too! Set SOJATP2014*
*Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the trunk lid.
- Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- Take care not to kink the trunk lid opener cable.
1. Insert a trim tool through the latch cover (A) opening, and pry on the cover to release the hooks (B). Pull out the cover, and release the tab (C) from the trunk lid latch (D), then remove the latch cover.
2. Disconnect the trunk lid latch connector (E), and remove the bolts, then remove the trunk lid latch.
3. Disconnect the trunk lid opener cable (A).
4. Install the latch in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Make sure the connector is plugged in properly and the opener cable is connected properly.
- Make sure the trunk lid opens properly and locks securely.
- Fix the original position of the outer end of cable (A) on the trunk lid latch securely. And check the trunk lid latch operation: Make sure the trunk lid latch unlock when pulling the trunk lid opener/fuel fill door opener. If necessary, adjust the position of the cable end.
Mainshaft 5th Gear Axial Clearance
1. Remove the mainshaft transmission housing bearing (seepage 14-270). 2. Install the thrust needle bearing ( A ) , 5th gear ( B ) , the needle bearing (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 41 ...
This chapter describes the buttons, indicators, and gauges that are used while driving. ...
Outside Air Temperature indicator
NOTE: To test the outside air temperature sensor (see page 21-185). Description The outside air temperature sensor is located behind the center of the front bumper. The gauge control module uses ...