Honda Accord: Starter Performance Test
1. Remove the starter (see page 4-11).
2. Firmly clamp the starter in a vise.
3. Make a connection for this test using the thickest (gauge) wire possible (preferably the same gauge as used on the vehicle).
NOTE: To avoid damaging the starter, never leave the battery connected for more than 5 seconds.
4. Connect the battery as shown, and check for continuity between the B terminal and the starter body. If there is continuity, it is working properly.
5. Disconnect the battery from the body, and check for continuity between the B terminal and the starter body. If there is no continuity, it is working properly.
6. Connect the starter to the battery as shown, and confirm that the motor runs.
7. If the electric current meets the specification when the battery voltage is at 11.5 V, the starter is working properly.
Electric Current: 80 A or less