Honda Accord: Automatic Transmission
Check the fluid level with the engine at normal operating temperature.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground.
Start the engine, let it run until the radiator fan comes on, then shut off the engine. For accurate results, wait about 60 seconds (but no longer than 90 seconds) before doing step 2.
2. Remove the dipstick (yellow loop) from the transmission, and wipe it with a clean cloth.
3. Insert the dipstick all the way into the transmission securely as shown in the illustration.
4. Remove the dipstick and check the fluid level. It should be between the upper and lower marks.
5. If the level is below the lower mark, add fluid into the dipstick hole to bring it to the level between the upper and lower marks.
Pour the fluid slowly and carefully so you do not spill any. Clean up any spill immediately; it could damage components in the engine compartment.
Always use Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic transmission fluid).
6. Insert the dipstick all the way back into the transmission securely as shown in the illustration.
The transmission should be drained and refilled with new fluid according to the Maintenance Minder TM.
If you are not sure how to add fluid, contact your dealer.
Use only Honda ATF DW-1 (automatic transmission f luid). Do not mix with other transmission f luids.
Using transmission f luid other than Honda ATF DW-1 may cause deterioration in transmission operation and durability, and could result in damage to the transmission.
Damage resulting from the use of transmission f luid other than Honda ATF DW-1 is not covered by the Honda new vehicle warranty.
Front Door Sash Outer Trim
NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the door. - 4-door is shown; 2-door is similar. 1. Remove the door outer molding (see page 20-36). 2. Pull up the door sash outer trim (A) to release the ho ...
Instrument Visor Removal/Installation
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Too! Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool a n d Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related pa ...
Front Bumper Fog Light Cover
2-door NOTE; Take care not to scratch the front bumper. 1. Remove the front bumper (see page 20-255). 2. Remove the screws (A, B), then remove the front bumper fog light cover (C) from the fro ...