Honda Accord: Slave Cylinder Replacement
NOTE: - Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
- Do not spilt brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint or plastic. If brake fluid does contact the paint or plastic, wash it off immediately with water.
- Make sure not to get any silicone grease on the terminal part of the connectors and switches, especially if you have silicone grease on your hands or gloves.
1. Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92).
2. Remove the mounting bolts (A), the bracket mounting nut (B), and the slave cylinder (C).
3. Remove the roll pins (A). Disconnect the clutch line (B), and remove the O-ring (C). Plug or wrap the end of the clutch line with a clean shop towel to prevent brake fluid from coming out.
4. Install a new O-ring (A) on the clutch line (B), install the clutch line in the slave cylinder (C), and install new roll pins (D).
5. Pull back the boot (A), and apply silicone grease (P/N 08C30- B0234M) to the boot and the slave cylinder. Reinstall the boot.
6. Apply a light coat of super high temp urea grease (P/N 08798- 9002) to the end of the slave cylinder pushrod. Install the slave cylinder mounting bolts and the bracket mounting nut.
7. Bleed the clutch hydraulic system (see page 12-6).
8. Check the clutch operation, and check for leaks.
9. Do the battery installation procedure (see page 22-92).
10. Test-drive the vehicle.
Anti-lock Brakes (ABS)
The anti-lock brake system (ABS) helps prevent the wheels from locking up, and helps you retain steering control by pumping the brakes rapidly, much faster than a person can do it. The elec ...
Checking Seat Belt Fit
To determine if a lap/shoulder belt properly fits a child, have the child put on the seat belt, then ask yourself: 1. Does the child sit all the way back against the seat? 2. Do the childв ...
Steering Wheel Adjustments
Make any steering wheel adjustments before you start driving. Adjusting the steering wheel position while driving may cause you to lose control of the vehicle and be seriously injured in ...