Honda Accord: Shift Lock Release, Release Spring, and Release Shaft Replacement
Type A Shift Lever
1. Remove the shift lever assembly (see page 14-222).
2. Remove the A/T gear position indicator panel from the shift lever (see page 14-227).
3. Release the lock (A) of the shift lock release, and remove the shift lock release and the release spring (B).
4. Release the lock (C) of the release shaft, and remove the shaft (D).
5. Replace the shift lock release, the release spring, or the release shaft.
6. Install the release spring (A) in the shift lock release (B).
7. Install the release shaft (C) in the shift lever, and install the shift lock release and the release spring on the release shaft end.
8. Make sure that the release spring end (A) is installed in the shift lock release (B), and the hooked end (C) is on the stop (D).
9. Install the A/T gear position indicator panel on the shift lever (see page 14-227).
10. Install the shift lever assembly (see page 14-224).
Special Tools Required . Universal Lifting Eyelet 07AAK-SNAA120 Engine Hanger Adapter VSB02C000015* - Engine Support Hanger, A and Reds AAR-T1256* - Subframe Adapter VSB02C000016* *Available thro ...
Trunk Main Switch*
The trunk main switch disables the trunk release button on the remote transmitter and the trunk release button on the trunk lid to protect luggage in the trunk. 1. Make sure the rear seat-bac ...
B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode
Do this diagnosis if any of the control units are not communicating (Not Available is displayed in the HDS) as found by the B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). 1. Using the HDS ...