Honda Accord: Shift Lock Release, Release Spring, and Release Shaft Replacement
Type A Shift Lever
1. Remove the shift lever assembly (see page 14-222).
2. Remove the A/T gear position indicator panel from the shift lever (see page 14-227).
3. Release the lock (A) of the shift lock release, and remove the shift lock release and the release spring (B).
4. Release the lock (C) of the release shaft, and remove the shaft (D).
5. Replace the shift lock release, the release spring, or the release shaft.
6. Install the release spring (A) in the shift lock release (B).
7. Install the release shaft (C) in the shift lever, and install the shift lock release and the release spring on the release shaft end.
8. Make sure that the release spring end (A) is installed in the shift lock release (B), and the hooked end (C) is on the stop (D).
9. Install the A/T gear position indicator panel on the shift lever (see page 14-227).
10. Install the shift lever assembly (see page 14-224).
Starting the Engine
1. Make sure the parking brake is applied. 2. Check that the shift lever is in , then depress the brake pedal. - Although it is possible to start the vehicle in , it is safer to st ...
System Diagnostic Mode
Start-up procedure and Diagnostic IVieny There are two ways t o enter the diagnostic mode: Method 1 : Start the vehicle. When the globe screen appears, connect the SCS service connector (see page ...