Honda Accord: Shift Lock Release, Release Spring, and Release Shaft Replacement
Type A Shift Lever
1. Remove the shift lever assembly (see page 14-222).
2. Remove the A/T gear position indicator panel from the shift lever (see page 14-227).
3. Release the lock (A) of the shift lock release, and remove the shift lock release and the release spring (B).
4. Release the lock (C) of the release shaft, and remove the shaft (D).
5. Replace the shift lock release, the release spring, or the release shaft.
6. Install the release spring (A) in the shift lock release (B).
7. Install the release shaft (C) in the shift lever, and install the shift lock release and the release spring on the release shaft end.
8. Make sure that the release spring end (A) is installed in the shift lock release (B), and the hooked end (C) is on the stop (D).
9. Install the A/T gear position indicator panel on the shift lever (see page 14-227).
10. Install the shift lever assembly (see page 14-224).
Towing Your Vehicle
Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home. If your vehicle needs to be towed in an emergency, refer to the emergency towing information. ...
Middle Floor Undercover
Left Side NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the body. 1. Remove the bolts and release the hook (A), then remove the left middle floor undercover (B). ...