Honda Accord: Low Oil Pressure Indicator Circuit Troubleshooting (Open)
1 Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data Jink connector (DIG) (see step 2 on page 11-3).
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (ll).
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM). If It does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
4. Check for DTCs (see page 11-3). If a DTC Is present, diagnose, and repair the cause before continuing with this test.
5. Check the OIL PRESSURE SWITCH in the PGM-FI DATA LIST with the HDS.
Is ON Indicated? YES-Replace the gauge control module (see page 22-351 ) . NO-Go to step 6.
6. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
7. Check the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
Is the oil pressure switch OK? YES-Go to step 8.
NO-Replace the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
8. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and jump the SCS line with the HDS, then turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
NOTE: This step must be done to protect the ECM/PCM from damage.
9. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector B (49P) and the oil pressure switch connector.
10. Check for continuity between ECM/PCM connector terminal B7 and the oil pressure switch connector.
ECM/PCM CONNECTOR B (49P)
Terminal side of female terminals
OIL PRESSURE SWITCH CONNECTOR
Wire side of female terminal
Is there continuity? YES-Update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software (see page 11-203), or substitute a known-good ECM/PCM (see page 11-7), then recheck.
If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM/PCM, replace the original ECM/PCM (see page 11-204).
NO-Repair open in the wire between the oil pressure switch connector and ECM/PCM connector terminal B7.
Sealing Bolt Installation
NOTE: When installing the sealing bolt (A), always use a new washer. ...
ATF Feed Pipe Replacement
1. Remove the snap rings (A), the ATF feed pipes (B), and the feed pipe flanges (C) from the end cover (D). NOTE: Replace the end cover, if the 1st clutch ATF feed pipe (E) replacement is require ...
Front Grille Cover Replacement
2-door NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the front grille or the body. - When prying with a flat-tip screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape to prevent damage. 1. Remove the front grille cov ...