Honda Accord: Low Oil Pressure Indicator Circuit Troubleshooting (Open)
1 Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data Jink connector (DIG) (see step 2 on page 11-3).
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (ll).
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM). If It does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
4. Check for DTCs (see page 11-3). If a DTC Is present, diagnose, and repair the cause before continuing with this test.
5. Check the OIL PRESSURE SWITCH in the PGM-FI DATA LIST with the HDS.
Is ON Indicated? YES-Replace the gauge control module (see page 22-351 ) . NO-Go to step 6.
6. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
7. Check the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
Is the oil pressure switch OK? YES-Go to step 8.
NO-Replace the oil pressure switch (see page 8-9).
8. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and jump the SCS line with the HDS, then turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
NOTE: This step must be done to protect the ECM/PCM from damage.
9. Disconnect ECM/PCM connector B (49P) and the oil pressure switch connector.
10. Check for continuity between ECM/PCM connector terminal B7 and the oil pressure switch connector.
ECM/PCM CONNECTOR B (49P)
Terminal side of female terminals
OIL PRESSURE SWITCH CONNECTOR
Wire side of female terminal
Is there continuity? YES-Update the ECM/PCM if it does not have the latest software (see page 11-203), or substitute a known-good ECM/PCM (see page 11-7), then recheck.
If the symptom/indication goes away with a known-good ECM/PCM, replace the original ECM/PCM (see page 11-204).
NO-Repair open in the wire between the oil pressure switch connector and ECM/PCM connector terminal B7.
Disassembly/Reassembly Armature Inspection and Test 1. Remove the starter (see page 4-11). 2. Disassemble the starter as shown in the Exploded View. 3. Inspect the armature for wear or dama ...
When preparing to tow, and before driving away, be sure to check the following: The vehicle has been properly serviced, and the suspension and the cooling system are in good operating condi ...