Honda Accord: Key Interlock Solenoid Test
NOTE: SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations for 4-door (see page 24-21),for 2-door (see page 24-23), and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or servicing.
1. Remove the steering column cover (see page 20-181).
2. Disconnect the steering lock assembly 6P connector.
3. Insert the ignition key in the key cylinder, then turn the ignition key to ACCESSORY (I).
4. Connect battery power to steering lock assembly 6P connector terminal No. 4, and ground terminal No. 3. Check that the ignition key cannot be turned to LOCK (0). Disconnect battery power, and check that the key can be turned to the LOCK (0) position and removed from the cylinder.
STEERING LOCK ASSEMBLY 6P CONNECTOR
Terminal side of male terminals
5. If the key interlock solenoid works improperly, replace the ignition key cylinder/steering lock assembly (see page 17-16).
Brake and Clutch Fluid
Check the fluid level in the reservoirs monthly. There are up to two reservoirs, depending on the model. They are: Brake fluid reservoir (all models) Clutch fluid reservoir (manual transmiss ...
Accessories and Modifications
Modifying your vehicle, or installing some non-Honda accessories, can make your vehicle unsafe. Before you make any modifications or add any accessories, be sure to read the following inform ...
Important Maintenance Precautions
If you have the required service done but do not reset the display, or reset the display without doing the service, the system will not show the correct maintenance intervals. This can lead ...