Honda Accord: Key Interlock Solenoid Test
NOTE: SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations for 4-door (see page 24-21),for 2-door (see page 24-23), and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or servicing.
1. Remove the steering column cover (see page 20-181).
2. Disconnect the steering lock assembly 6P connector.
3. Insert the ignition key in the key cylinder, then turn the ignition key to ACCESSORY (I).
4. Connect battery power to steering lock assembly 6P connector terminal No. 4, and ground terminal No. 3. Check that the ignition key cannot be turned to LOCK (0). Disconnect battery power, and check that the key can be turned to the LOCK (0) position and removed from the cylinder.
STEERING LOCK ASSEMBLY 6P CONNECTOR
Terminal side of male terminals
5. If the key interlock solenoid works improperly, replace the ignition key cylinder/steering lock assembly (see page 17-16).
Towing Your Vehicle
Your vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home. If your vehicle needs to be towed in an emergency, refer to the emergency towing information. ...
Preparing to Drive
You should do the following checks and adjustments before you drive your vehicle. 1. Make sure all windows, mirrors, and outside lights are clean and unobstructed. Remove frost, snow, or ic ...
Input Shaft (Mainshaft) Speed Sensor
1. Remove the nut securing the under-hood fuse/relay box, and swing it out of the way. 2. Remove the intake air duct and the air cleaner housing. 3. Disconnect the input shaft (mainshaft) spee ...