Honda Accord: Hood Opener Cable Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts.
- Take care not to kink the hood opener cable.
1. Remove these items: - Front grille cover: - 2-door (see page 20-274) - 4-door (see page 20-274) - Front fender trim, left side: - 2-door (see page 20-277) - 4-door (see page 20-277) - Front inner fender, left side as needed (see page 20-290) - Kick panel, driver's side: - 2-door (see page 20-105) - 4-door (see page 20-107) 2. Disconnect the hood opener cable (A) from the hood latch (B) (see page 20-302).
3. Detach the clips with a clip remover.
4. Disconnect the hood opener cable (A) from the hood release handle (B) (see page 20-303).
5. Remove the grommet (C), then remove the hood opener cable.
6. Install the cable in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- When installing the opener cable under the dashboard, route the cable under the left engine compartment wire harness (D).
Sound Quality Diagnosis
Special Tools Required Diagnostic CD 07AAZ-SDBA100 Use the following tests to check sound quality. NOTE: Before beginning the following tests, write down the customer's bass, treble, fader and b ...
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Clutch Reassembly
Special Tools Required Clutch Spring Compressor Set 07LAE-PX40000 NOTE: Hold the spring compressor in a vise with soft jaws. Be careful not to damage the clutch drum. 1 Soak the clutch discs tho ...