Honda Accord: Hood Opener Cable Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands.
- Take care not to scratch the body or the related parts.
- Take care not to kink the hood opener cable.
1. Remove these items: - Front grille cover: - 2-door (see page 20-274) - 4-door (see page 20-274) - Front fender trim, left side: - 2-door (see page 20-277) - 4-door (see page 20-277) - Front inner fender, left side as needed (see page 20-290) - Kick panel, driver's side: - 2-door (see page 20-105) - 4-door (see page 20-107) 2. Disconnect the hood opener cable (A) from the hood latch (B) (see page 20-302).
3. Detach the clips with a clip remover.
4. Disconnect the hood opener cable (A) from the hood release handle (B) (see page 20-303).
5. Remove the grommet (C), then remove the hood opener cable.
6. Install the cable in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - If the clips are damaged or stress-whitened, replace them with new ones.
- When installing the opener cable under the dashboard, route the cable under the left engine compartment wire harness (D).
Remote Audio Controls
Three controls for the audio system are mounted in the steering wheel hub. These let you control basic functions without removing your hand from the wheel. The VOL button adjusts the volume ...
EVAP Canister Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift. 2. Remove the wheel sensor harness clamps (A) 3. Support the rear subframe with a transmission jack and a wooden block as shown. 4. Remove the rear subframe m ...
Oil Pressure Test
NOTE: If the low oil pressure warning indicator stays on with the engine running, check the engine oil level. If the oil level is correct, do the following test. 1. With the engine stopped, remov ...