Honda Accord: Cylinder Head
Component Location Index (cont'd)
Engine Compression Inspection
NOTE: After this inspection, you must reset the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM), otherwise the ECM/PCM will continue to stop the fuel injectors from operating.
1. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (cooling fan comes on).
2. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
3. Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11-3).
4. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
5. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the ECM/PCM. If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
6. Select ALL INJECTORS STOP in the PGM-FI, INSPECTION menu with the HDS.
7. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
8. Remove the four ignition coils (see page 4-20).
9. Remove the four spark plugs (see page 4-20).
10. Attach a compression gauge to the spark plug hole.
11. Step on the accelerator pedal to open the throttle fully, then crank the engine with the starter motor, and measure the compression.
Above S32 kPa (9.5 kgf/cm2 r 135 psi)
12. Measure the compression on the remaining cylinders.
Maximum Variation: Within 196 kPa (2.0 kgf/cm2,28 psi)
13. If the compression is not within specifications, check the following items, then remeasure the compression.
- Incorrect valve clearance
- Confirmation of cam timing
- Damaged of worn cam lobes
- Damaged or worn valves and seats
- Damaged cylinder head gasket
- Damaged or worn piston rings
- Damaged or worn piston and cylinder bore
14. Remove the compression gauge from the spark plug hole.
15. Install the four spark plugs (see page 4-20).
16. Install the four ignition coils (see page 4-20).
17. Select ECM/PCM reset (see page 11-4) in the PGM-FI, INSPECTION menu to cancel ALL INJECTORS STOP with the HDS.
Oil Filter Feed Pipe Replacement
1. Remove the oil filter base (see page 8-13). 2. Remove the oil filter feed pipe. 3. Install the two 20 x 1.5 mm nuts (A) onto the new oil filter feed pipe. Hold one nut with a wrench, then us ...
Inspection and Maintenance
For your safety, perform all listed inspections and maintenance to keep your vehicle in good condition. If you become aware of any abnormality (noise, smell, insufficient brake fluid, oil resi ...
NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands. 1. Remove the headliner (see page 20-140). 2. Disconnect the connector (A), and remove the screws, then remove the motor (B). 3. Install the motor ...