Honda Accord: Synchro Sleeve and Hub Inspection and Reassembly
1. Inspect the gear teeth on all synchro hubs and synchro sleeves for wear (rounded off corners).
2. Install each synchro hub (A) in its mating synchro sleeve (B), and check for free movement. Make sure to match the three sets of longer teeth (C) (120 degrees apart) on the synchro sleeve with the three sets of deeper grooves (D) in the synchro hub.
NOTE: - Do not install the synchro sleeve with its longer teeth in the 1st/2nd and 5th synchro hub slots (E) because it will damage the spring ring.
- If replacement is required, always replace the synchro sleeve and the synchro hub as a set.
In-car Temperature Sensor
1. Remove the driver's inner dashboard trim (see page 20-167). 2. Disconnect the connector (A), and remove the in-car temperature sensor (B) from the air hose (C). 3. Install the sensor in the ...
Using the Paddle Shifters in the S position (Sequential Shift Mode)
V6 models only With the shift lever in the S position, you can manually shift up or down with the paddle shifters. The transmission goes into the sequential shift mode and holds the selected ...
Connecting Rod and Crankshaft End Play Inspection
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-16). 2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14). 3. Measure the connecting rod end play with a feeler gauge between the connecting rod and the cran ...