Honda Accord: Shift Lever Housing Replacement
NOTE: - Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when removing components.
- Take care not to scratch the center console, dashboard, and related parts.
1. Remove the center console panel (see page 20-157).
2. Remove the harness clamps.
3. Remove the cotter pin (A), the washer (B), and the bolts.
4. Unlock the retainer lock (A).
5. Rotate the socket holder retainer (B) counterclockwise (C) until it stops, and push the retainer lock (D) into the socket holder retainer to lock the retainer.
6. Slide the socket holder (E) and the shift cable (F) out of the shift cable bracket (G). Do not remove the shift cable by pulling the shift cable guide (H).
7. Remove the shift lever assembly (A) from the shift cables (B).
8. Align the socket holder (A) on the shift cables (B) with the slot in the bracket base (C), then slide the holder into the base. Install the shift cable ends (D) to the shift lever assembly (E) then install the shift lever assembly.
NOTE; When installing the shift cable (shift lever side), position the serrated side (F) facing up.
9. Install the bolts, the washer (A), and the cotter pin (B), then bend the cotter pin ends.
NOTE: You can install a new cotter pin from either direction.
10. Install the harness clamps.
11. Install the center console panel (see page 20-157).
Passenger's Middle Pad
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component ...
1. Remove the auto-tensioner (see page 4-31). 2. Clamp the auto-tensioner (A) by using two 8 mm bolts (B) and a vise (C) as shown. Do not clamp the auto-tensioner itself, then remove the tensione ...
Rear Inner Fender Replacement
NOTE: Take care not to scratch the rear bumper or the body. 1. Remove the screws, then remove the rear inner fender (A) from the rear bumper (B) and the body. 2. Install the inner fender in th ...