Honda Accord: Safety When Performing Maintenance
Some of the most important safety precautions are given here.
However, we cannot warn you of every conceivable hazard that can arise in performing maintenance. Only you can decide whether or not you should perform a given task.
• Maintenance Safety
• To reduce the possibility of fire or explosion, keep cigarettes, sparks,
away from the battery and all fuel related parts.
• Never leave rags, towels, or other flammable objects under the hood.
- Heat from the engine and exhaust can ignite them causing a fire.
• To clean parts, use a commercially available degreaser or parts cleaner, not gasoline.
• Wear eye protection and protective clothing when working with the battery or compressed air.
• Engine exhaust contains carbon monoxide, which is poisonous and can kill you.
- Only operate the engine if there is sufficient ventilation.
• Vehicle Safety
• The vehicle must be in a stationary condition.
- Make sure your vehicle is parked on level ground, the parking brake is set, and the engine is off.
• Be aware that hot parts can burn you.
- Make sure to let the engine and exhaust system cool thoroughly before touching vehicle parts.
• Be aware that moving parts can injure you.
- Do not start the engine unless instructed, and keep your hands and limbs away from moving parts.
Improperly maintaining this vehicle or failing to correct a problem before driving can cause a crash in which you can be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the inspection and maintenance recommendations according to the schedules in this owner's manual.
Failure to properly follow maintenance instructions and precautions can cause you to be seriously hurt or killed.
Always follow the procedures and precautions in this owner's manual.
ABS (Anti-lock Brake System)
NOTICE The ABS may not function correctly if you use an incorrect tire type and size. When the ABS indicator comes on while driving, there may be a problem with the system. While normal braki ...
Ambient Light Replacement
With moonroof NOTE: The ambient light is built into the moonroof switch. 1. Remove the front individual map lights (see page 22-258). 2. Disconnect the moonroof switch 12P connector (A) and ...
Steering Gearbox Overhaul
Exploded View Special Tools Required -Cylinder End Seal Remover Attachment 07TAF-SZ50100 -Valve Seal Ring Sizing Tool 07NAG-SR3090A -Sleeve Seal Guide, 35.9 x 37 07YAG-S2X0100 -Sizing Tool, ...