Honda Accord: Power Transistor Test
1. Remove the passenger's dashboard undercover (see page 20-170).
2. Disconnect the 4P connector from the power transistor.
3. Measure the resistance between terminals No. 3 and No. 4 of the power transistor. It should be about 1.5 kO.
вЂў If the resistance is within the specifications, go to step 4.
вЂў If the resistance is not within the specifications, replace the power transistor.
NOTE: Also check the blower motor. Power transistor failure can be caused by a defective blower motor.
4. Carefully release the lock tab on terminal No. 1 (PUR) (A) in the 4P connector, then remove the terminal and insulate it from body ground.
(To 12 V Power source on vehicle)
5. Reconnect the 4P connector to the power transistor.
6. Make sure the PUR wire is completely isolated, then supply 12 V to cavity No. 1 with a jumper wire.
7 Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), and check that the blower motor runs.
вЂў If the blower motor does not run, replace the power transistor.
NOTE: A faulty blower motor can cause the power transistor to fail. If the power transistor is replaced, also check the blower motor for binding, and replace it if necessary.
вЂў If the blower motor runs, the power transistor is OK.
Evaporator Temperature Sensor TestNOTE: Before testing the sensor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 2 1 - 9). 1. Remove the evaporator temperature sensor (see page 21-67). 2. Dip the sensor in ice water, and measure the resistan ...
Air Mix Control Motor TestNOTE: Before testing the motor, check for HVAC DTCs (see page 21-9). 1. Disconnect the 7P connector from the air mix control motor. Incorrectly applying power and ground to the air mix contro ...
Front Seat Belt Replacement
Front Seat Belt - 2-door SRS components are located in this area. Review the SRS component locations (see page 24-23) and the precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repairs or se ...
Opening and Closing the Moonroof
• Opening/Closing the Moonroof You can only operate the moonroof when the ignition switch is in ON . Use the switch in the front of the ceiling to open and close the moonroof. • Automatic o ...
Replacing the High-mount Brake Light Bulb
1. Open the trunk, and remove the socket from the light assembly by turning it one-quarter turn counterclockwise. 2. Pull the bulb straight out of its socket. Push the new bulb straight int ...