Honda Accord: Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting Installation
NOTE: Before you work on the fuel lines and fittings, read the Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting Precautions (see page 11-313).
1. Check the contact area (A) of the line (B) for dirt or damage, and clean it if needed.
2. Insert a new retainer (A) into the connector (B) if the retainer is damaged, or after: - replacing the fuel rail.
- replacing the fuel line.
- replacing the fuel pump.
- replacing the fuel filter.
- replacing the EVAP canister.
- replacing the fuel fill pipe.
- replacing the fuel tank.
- removing the retainer from the line.
Use the same manufacturer retainer and the same size when the replacing the retainer (see page 11-314).
4. Align the quick-connect fittings with the line (A), and align the retainer locking tabs (B) with the connector grooves (C). Then press the quick-connect fittings onto the line until both retainer tabs lock with a . clicking sound.
NOTE: If it is hard to connect put a small amount of new engine oil on the line end.
Connection with new retainer
Connection with new retainer: Fuel fill neck tube (PZEV model)
Connection to new fuel line
Connection to new fuel line: Fuel fill neck tube (PZEV model)
Reconnecteon to existing retainer
5. When you reconnect the connector with the old retainer, make sure the connection is secure and the tabs (A) are firmly locked into place; check visually and also by pulling the connector (B). When you replace the fuel line with a new one, make sure you remove the ring pull (C) upwards after you confirm the connection is secure.
NOTE: Before you remove the ring pull, make sure the fuel line connection is secure. If the connection is not secure, the ring pull could break when you try to remove it.
Connection to new fuel line
6. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery, and turn the ignition switch to ON (11) (but do not operate the starter motor). The fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds, and fuel pressure rises. Repeat this two or three times, then make sure there are no fuel leaks, 7. If equipped, install the quick-connect fitting cover. Set the groove of the cover (A) on the fuel line (B) as shown, then install it. Make sure the cover is firmly locked in place.
Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting RemovalNOTE: Before you work on the fuel lines and fittings, read the Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting Precautions (see page 11-313). 1. If equipped, remove the quick-connect fitting cover from the fuel ...
Fuel Tank Unit Removal and InstallationSpecial Tools Required Fuel Sender Wrench 07AAA-S0XA100 Removal 1. Relieve the fuel pressure (see page 11-306). 2. Remove the fuel fill cap. 3. Remove the rear seat cushion (see page 20-241). ...
The heating and air conditioning system in your vehicle provides a comfortable driving environment in all weather conditions. The standard audio system has many features. This section descr ...
Shift Lock Release
This allows you to move the shift lever out of Park if the normal method of pushing on the brake pedal and pressing the release button does not work. 1. Set the parking brake. 2. Remove the ...
Brake System Bleeding
NOTE: - Do not reuse the drained fluid. Use only new Honda DOT 3 Brake Fluid from an unopened container. Using a non-Honda brake fluid can cause corrosion and shorten the life of the system. - ...