Honda Accord: VSA Modulator-Control Unit Update
Special Tools Required
- Honda diagnostic system (HDS) tablet tester
- Honda interface module (HIM) and an iN workstation with the latest HDS software version
- HDS pocket tester
- GNA-600 and an IN workstation with the latest HDS software version
Any one of the above updating tools can be used.
NOTE: - Use this procedure when you need to update the VSA modulator-control unit at anytime.
- Make sure the HDS/iN workstation has the latest HDS software version.
- Before you update the VSA modulator-control unit, make sure the battery in the vehicle is fully charged, and connect a jumper battery (not a battery charger) to maintain system voltage.
- Never turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) or ACC (I) during the update. If there is a problem with the update, leave the ignition switch ON (II).
- To prevent VSA modulator-control unit damage, do not operate anything electrical (headlights, audio system, brakes, A/C, power windows, door locks, etc.) during the update.
- To ensure the latest program is installed, do a VSA modulator-control unit update whenever the VSA modulator-control unit is substituted or replaced.
- You cannot update a VSA modulator-control unit with a program it already has. It will only accept a new program.
- High temperature in the engine compartment might cause the VSA modulator-control unit to become too hot to run the update. If the engine has been running before this procedure, open the hood and cool the engine compartment.
- If you need to diagnose the Honda interface module (HIM) because the HIM's red (#3) light came on or was flashing during the update, leave the ignition switch ON (II) when you disconnect the HIM from the data link connector (DLC). This will prevent VSA modulatorcontrol unit damage.
- DTCs stored in memory are cleared when the VSA modulator-control unit is updated.
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), but do not start the engine.
2. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A) located under the driver's side of the dashboard.
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the VSA modulator-control unit. If it doesn't, troubleshooting the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
4. Select the update mode, and follow the screen prompts to update the VSA modulator-control unit.
5. If the software in the VSA modulator-control unit is the latest, disconnect the HDS/HIM/GNA600 from the DLC. If the software in the VSA modulator-control unit is not the latest, follow the instructions on the screen.
6. Do the VSA sensor neutral position memorization procedure (see page 19-133).
Main Valve Body Disassembly,
Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Clean all parts thoroughly in solvent, and dry them with compressed air. Blow out all passages. 2. Do not use a magnet to remove the check balls, it may magnetize the balls. 3. Inspect the ...
Compass Zone Selection
In most areas, there is a variation between magnetic north and true north. Zone selection is required so the compass can compensate for this variation. To check and select the zone, do this: ...
DTC indicator A: Climate Control Unit Internal Error NOTE: Check the battery condition (see page 22-90) and the charging system (see page 4-25). 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), and then ...