Honda Accord: Valve Body
Valve Body and ATF Strainer Installation
6 x 1.0 mm: 12 N-m (1.2 kgf m, 8.7 Ibfft)
8 x 1.25 mm: 18 N-m (1.8 kgfm, 13 Ibfft)
NOTE: Refer to the Exploded View as needed during the following procedures.
1. Make sure that the ATF magnet is clean and installed in the torque converter housing.
2. Install the main separator plate (A) and the two dowel pins on the torque converter housing. Then install the ATF pump drive gear (B), the ATF pump driven gear (C), and the ATF pump driven gear shaft (D). Install the ATF pump driven gear with its grooved and chamfered side facing down.
3. Install the main valve body (three bolts).
4. Make sure the ATF pump drive gear (A) rotates smoothly in the normal operating direction, and the ATF pump driven gear shaft (B) moves smoothly in the axial and normal operating direction.
5. If the ATF pump drive gear and the ATF pump driven gear shaft do not move smoothly, loosen the main valve body bolts. Realign the ATF pump driven gear shaft, and retighten the bolts to the specified torque, then recheck. Failure to align the ATF pump driven gear shaft correctly will result in a seized ATF pump drive gear or ATF pump driven gear shaft.
6. Make sure that the two check balls and the cooler check valve are in the main valve body, then install the cooler check valve spring in the cooler check valve.
7. Install the servo separator plate and the two dowel pins on the main valve body.
8. Install the servo body (12 bolts).
S. ii isiaii a new O-ring on the ATF strainer, and install the ATF strainer (two bolts) on the servo body.
10. Install the regulator separator plate and the two dowel pins on the main valve body.
11. Install a new O-ring on the stator shaft, and install the stator shaft and the stator shaft stop.
12. Install the regulator valve body (eight bolts).
13. Install the ATF joint pipes (one bolt).
14. Install the ATF feed pipes in the regulator valve body and the servo body.
To Turn Everything Off
To turn the system completely off, press the ON/OFF button. Keep the system completely off for short periods only. To keep stale air and mustiness from collecting, you should have the fan ru ...
Fuel Tank Draining
1. Remove the fuel tank unit (see page 11 -320). 2. Using a hand pump, a hose, and a container suitable for fuel, draw the fuel from the fuel tank. 3. Reinstall the fuel tank unit (see page 11- ...
DTC indicator A: Climate Control Unit Internal Error NOTE: Check the battery condition (see page 22-90) and the charging system (see page 4-25). 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), and then ...