Honda Accord: Fuel Tank Unit Removal and Installation
Special Tools Required
Fuel Sender Wrench 07AAA-S0XA100
1. Relieve the fuel pressure (see page 11-306).
2. Remove the fuel fill cap.
3. Remove the rear seat cushion (see page 20-241).
4. Remove the access panel (A) from the floor.
5. Disconnect the fuel tank unit 4P connector (B).
6. Disconnect the quick-connect fitting (C) from the fuel tank unit.
7. Using the special tool, loosen the locknut (A).
2. Transfer the base gasket (A) from the fuel tank unit to the fuel tank.
3. Align the marks (B) on the fuel tank and fuel tank unit, then insert the fuel tank unit into the fuel tank until the fuel tank unit rests on top of the base gasket.
NOTE: To avoid a fuel leak, check the base gasket, visually or by hand, to make sure it is not pinched.
4. Tighten a new locknut (A) by hand with a new locknut plate (B).
NOTE: Before tightening, align the mark (C) on the locknut to the start of the thread (D).
5. Using the special tool, tighten the locknut to the specified torque.
NOTE: - After tightening, make sure the marks (A) are still aligned.
- After installation, check the base gasket, visually or by hand, to make sure it is not pinched.
6. Connect the fuel tank unit 4P connector, then connect the quick-connect fitting.
7. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery, and turn the ignition switch to ON (II) (but do not operate the starter motor). The fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds, and fuel pressure rises. Repeat this two or three times, then make sure there are no fuel leaks.
8. Install the access panel.
9. Install the rear seat cushion.
10. Install the fuel fill cap.
Additional Information on Recommended Discs
The in-dash disc player/changer has a sophisticated and delicate mechanism. If you insert a damaged disc as indicated in this section, it may become stuck inside and damage the audio unit. ...
Glove Box Lock Cylinder Replacement
NOTE: Take care not to scratch the glove box. 1. Remove the glove box (see page 20-174). 2. While lifting the glove box handle (A), pull out one end of the retainer (B) with a hook-shaped tool ...
Climate Control Switch
Removal / Installation
With Navigation 1 Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114). 2. Remove the self-tapping screws and the climate control switches (A). If necessary, replace the bulbs (B). 3. Install the switches ...