Honda Accord: Fuel Tank Unit Removal and Installation
Special Tools Required
Fuel Sender Wrench 07AAA-S0XA100
1. Relieve the fuel pressure (see page 11-306).
2. Remove the fuel fill cap.
3. Remove the rear seat cushion (see page 20-241).
4. Remove the access panel (A) from the floor.
5. Disconnect the fuel tank unit 4P connector (B).
6. Disconnect the quick-connect fitting (C) from the fuel tank unit.
7. Using the special tool, loosen the locknut (A).
2. Transfer the base gasket (A) from the fuel tank unit to the fuel tank.
3. Align the marks (B) on the fuel tank and fuel tank unit, then insert the fuel tank unit into the fuel tank until the fuel tank unit rests on top of the base gasket.
NOTE: To avoid a fuel leak, check the base gasket, visually or by hand, to make sure it is not pinched.
4. Tighten a new locknut (A) by hand with a new locknut plate (B).
NOTE: Before tightening, align the mark (C) on the locknut to the start of the thread (D).
5. Using the special tool, tighten the locknut to the specified torque.
NOTE: - After tightening, make sure the marks (A) are still aligned.
- After installation, check the base gasket, visually or by hand, to make sure it is not pinched.
6. Connect the fuel tank unit 4P connector, then connect the quick-connect fitting.
7. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery, and turn the ignition switch to ON (II) (but do not operate the starter motor). The fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds, and fuel pressure rises. Repeat this two or three times, then make sure there are no fuel leaks.
8. Install the access panel.
9. Install the rear seat cushion.
10. Install the fuel fill cap.
Washer Tube Replacemen
1. Remove the right front inner fender (see page 20-290). 2. Remove the windshield washer nozzles and clips, then remove the tubes. *1:USA models *2: Canada models 3. Install in the reverse or ...
Tire Service Life
The service life of your tires is dependent on many factors, including, but not limited to, driving habits, road conditions, vehicle loading, inflation pressure, maintenance history, speed, ...
Engine Oil Life Display
To see the current engine oil life, turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position, then press and release the select/reset knob repeatedly until the engine oil life indicator appears. ...