Honda Accord: Front Brake Disc Replacement
NOTE: Keep any grease off the brake disc and the brake pads.
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1 -13).
2. Remove the front wheel.
3. Remove the brake hose mounting bolt (A).
4. Remove the brake caliper bracket mounting bolts (B), then remove the caliper assembly (C) from the knuckle. To prevent damage to the caliper assembly or the brake hose, use a short piece of wire to hang the caliper assembly from the undercarriage. Do not twist the brake hose excessively.
5. Remove the brake disc flathead screws (A).
6. Remove the brake disc (B) from the front hub.
NOTE: If the brake disc is stuck to the front hub, thread two 8x1.25 mm bolts (C) into the brake disc to push it away from the front hub. Turn each bolt 90 degrees at a time to prevent the brake disc from binding.
7. Install the brake disc in the reverse order of removal.
NOTE: Before installing the brake disc, clean the mating surfaces between the front hub and the inside of the brake disc.
8. Inspect the brake disc runout (see page 19-19).
9. Clean the mating surfaces between the brake disc and the inside of the wheel, then install the front wheel.
Symptom Troubleshooting Index
Power Door Locks/Kef less 1. Check for B-CAN DTCs. If any B-CAN DTCs are Indicated, refer to the B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134) and resolve them first. 2. If the door lock ...
If equipped Turn the fog lights on and off by turning the switch next to the headlight switch. You can use the fog lights only when the headlights are on low beam. With the light switch in ...