Honda Accord: Front Brake Disc Replacement
NOTE: Keep any grease off the brake disc and the brake pads.
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1 -13).
2. Remove the front wheel.
3. Remove the brake hose mounting bolt (A).
4. Remove the brake caliper bracket mounting bolts (B), then remove the caliper assembly (C) from the knuckle. To prevent damage to the caliper assembly or the brake hose, use a short piece of wire to hang the caliper assembly from the undercarriage. Do not twist the brake hose excessively.
5. Remove the brake disc flathead screws (A).
6. Remove the brake disc (B) from the front hub.
NOTE: If the brake disc is stuck to the front hub, thread two 8x1.25 mm bolts (C) into the brake disc to push it away from the front hub. Turn each bolt 90 degrees at a time to prevent the brake disc from binding.
7. Install the brake disc in the reverse order of removal.
NOTE: Before installing the brake disc, clean the mating surfaces between the front hub and the inside of the brake disc.
8. Inspect the brake disc runout (see page 19-19).
9. Clean the mating surfaces between the brake disc and the inside of the wheel, then install the front wheel.
Your vehicle is equipped with head restraints in all seating positions to help protect you and your passengers from the likelihood of whiplash and other injuries. They are most effective wh ...
Idler Gear Shaft Removal and
1. Remove the snap ring (A), the cotter retainer (B), and the 17 mm cotters (C). Do not distort the snap ring. 2. Remove the idler gear shaft/idler gear assembly (D) from the transmission housing ...
Recirculation Control Motor
1. Remove the glove box (see page 20-174). 2. Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the recirculation control motor (B). Remove the self-tapping screws and the recirculation control motor from th ...