Honda Accord: Front Brake Disc Replacement
NOTE: Keep any grease off the brake disc and the brake pads.
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1 -13).
2. Remove the front wheel.
3. Remove the brake hose mounting bolt (A).
4. Remove the brake caliper bracket mounting bolts (B), then remove the caliper assembly (C) from the knuckle. To prevent damage to the caliper assembly or the brake hose, use a short piece of wire to hang the caliper assembly from the undercarriage. Do not twist the brake hose excessively.
5. Remove the brake disc flathead screws (A).
6. Remove the brake disc (B) from the front hub.
NOTE: If the brake disc is stuck to the front hub, thread two 8x1.25 mm bolts (C) into the brake disc to push it away from the front hub. Turn each bolt 90 degrees at a time to prevent the brake disc from binding.
7. Install the brake disc in the reverse order of removal.
NOTE: Before installing the brake disc, clean the mating surfaces between the front hub and the inside of the brake disc.
8. Inspect the brake disc runout (see page 19-19).
9. Clean the mating surfaces between the brake disc and the inside of the wheel, then install the front wheel.
Exhaust Gas Hazard
Carbon Monoxide Gas The engine exhaust from this vehicle contains carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, and highly toxic gas. As long as you properly maintain your vehicle, carbon monoxide ga ...
Using Automatic Climate Control
The automatic climate control system in your vehicle maintains the interior temperature you select. The system also adjusts the fan speed and airflow levels. 1. Press the Auto button. The i ...