Honda Accord: Reverse Lockout
6-speed manual transmission only
The manual transmission has a lockout so you cannot accidentally shift from any forward gear to reverse while the vehicle is moving at a certain speed. If you cannot shift to reverse when the vehicle is stopped, do the following:
1. With the clutch pedal pressed, move the shift lever to the first/ second gear side of the neutral gate, then shift to reverse.
2. If you are still unable to shift to reverse, apply the parking brake, and turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0) position.
3. Press the clutch pedal, and shift to reverse.
4. With the clutch pedal still pressed, start the engine.
If you need to use this procedure to shift to reverse, your vehicle may be developing a problem. Have it checked by your dealer.
Parking Your Vehicle
Do not park your vehicle near flammable objects, such as dry grass, oil, or timber. Heat from the exhaust can cause a fire. When Stopped 1. Depress the brake pedal firmly. 2. Firmly apply the p ...
Fuel Pump/Fuel Gauge Sending Unit
1. Remove the fuel tank unit (see page 11 -320). 2. Remove the fuel level sensor (fuel gauge sending unit) (A) from the fuel tank unit (B). 3. Check these items before installing the fuel tank ...
Drain Channel Slider and Cable
NOTE: Put on gloves to protect your hands. 1. Remove these items: . - Headliner (see page 20-140) - Moonroof glass (see page 20-91) 2. Remove the frame (see page 20-97). 3. Remove these par ...