Honda Accord: Driving Safely with a Trailer
• Things You Need To Know Before Towing a Trailer
• Have the trailer properly serviced and keep it in good condition.
• Make sure that all the weights and load in the vehicle and trailer are within limits.
• Securely attach the hitch, safety chains, and other necessary parts to the trailer.
• Securely store all the items in and on the trailer so that they do not shift while driving.
• Check if the lights and brakes on the trailer are working properly.
• Check the pressures of the trailer tires, including the spare.
In addition to the normal precautions, place wheel chocks at each of the trailer's tires.
• Towing Speeds and Gears
• Drive slower than normal.
• Obey posted speed limits for vehicles with trailers.
• Use the position when towing a trailer on level roads.
• Turning and Braking
• Turn more slowly and with a wider turning arc than normal.
• Allow more time and distance for braking.
• Do not brake or turn suddenly.
• Driving in Hilly Terrain
• Monitor your temperature gauge. If it nears the red (Hot) mark, turn off the heating and cooling system*/climate control system* and reduce speed. Pull to the side of the road safely to cool down the engine if necessary.
• Shift to the position if the transmission shifts frequently.
Towing Preparation• Towing Load Limits Your vehicle can tow a trailer if you carefully observe the load limits, use the proper equipment, and follow the towing guidelines. Check the load limits before driving. ...
Towing Your VehicleYour vehicle is not designed to be towed behind a motor home. If your vehicle needs to be towed in an emergency, refer to the emergency towing information. ...
Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement
Front 1. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0). 2. Release the clamp (A), then disconnect the wheel speed sensor connector (B). 3. Remove the bolts and the wheel speed sensor (C). 4. Install ...
If an error occurs while playing AhaTM Radio, you may see the following error messages. If you cannot clear the error message, contact a dealer. ...
If a Child Requires Close Attention
Many parents say they prefer to put an infant or a small child in the front passenger seat so they can watch the child, or because the child requires attention. Placing a child in the front s ...