Honda Accord: Parking Your Vehicle
Do not park your vehicle near flammable objects, such as dry grass, oil, or timber.
Heat from the exhaust can cause a fire.
1. Depress the brake pedal firmly.
2. Firmly apply the parking brake.
3. Move the shift lever from to (P.
3. Move the shift lever to (R.
4. Turn off the engine.
Always set the parking brake firmly, in particular if you are parked on an incline.
The following can damage the transmission:
• Depressing the accelerator and brake pedals
• Holding the vehicle in place when facing uphill by depressing the accelerator pedal.
• Moving the shift lever into before the vehicle stops completely.
Raise the wiper arms when snow is expected.
CMP Pulse Plate B Replacement
1. Remove the cylinder head cover (see page 6-73). 2. Remove camshaft position (CMP) sensor B (see page 11-198). 3. Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench, then loosen the bolt. 4. Remov ...
Closing Force and Opening Drag
1. Remove the headliner (see page 20-140). 2. Closing force check: - Cover the leading edge of the glass (A) with a shop towel (B), and attach a spring scale (C) as shown. - Have an assistant ...
General Description The automatic transmission is a transverse-mounted three-shaft design, implemeting an electronically controlled hydraulic circuit that provides five forward speeds and one in r ...