Honda Accord: Exhaust Gas Hazard
Carbon Monoxide Gas
The engine exhaust from this vehicle contains carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless, and highly toxic gas. As long as you properly maintain your vehicle, carbon monoxide gas will not get into the interior.
• Have the exhaust system inspected for leaks whenever
• The exhaust system is making an unusual noise.
• The exhaust system may have been damaged.
• The vehicle is raised for an oil change.
When you operate a vehicle with the trunk open, airflow can pull exhaust gas into the interior and create a hazardous condition. If you must drive with the trunk open, open all the windows and set the heating and cooling system*/climate control system* as shown below.
1. Select the fresh air mode.
2. Select the mode.
3. Set the fan speed to high.
4. Set the temperature control to a comfortable setting.
Adjust the heating and cooling system*/climate control system* in the same manner if you sit in your parked vehicle with the engine running.
Carbon monoxide gas is toxic.
Breathing it can cause unconsciousness and even kill you.
Avoid any enclosed areas or activities that expose you to carbon monoxide.
An enclosed area such as a garage can quickly fill up with carbon monoxide gas.
Do not run the engine with the garage door closed.
Even when the garage door is open, drive out of the garage immediately after starting the engine.
Safety of Larger Children• Protecting Larger Children The following pages give instructions on how to check proper seat belt fit, what kind of booster seat to use if one is needed, and important precautions for a child ...
Safety LabelsLabel Locations These labels are in the locations shown. They warn you of potential hazards that can cause serious injury or death. Read these labels carefully. If a label comes off or becomes h ...
Master Cylinder Inspection
1. Remove the master cylinder (see page 19-26). 2. Inspect and note these items: - Before reassembling, check that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles. - Do not try to disas ...
Blower Unit Component Replacement
Note these items when overhauling the blower unit: вЂў The recirculation control motor (A), the blower motor (B), and the dust and pollen filter (C) can be replaced without removing the blower u ...
When you set the power mode to ON, the compass self-calibrates, and the compass display appears. ...