Honda Accord: Tie-rod End Ball Joint Boot Replacement
Special Tools Required
Bearing Driver Attachment, 36 07965-SA50500
1 Disconnect the tie-rod end ball joint from the knuckle (see step 26 on page 17-41).
2. Remove the tie-rod end from the rack end.
3. Remove the ball joint boot from the tie-rod end, and wipe the old grease off the ball pin.
4. Pack the lower area of the ball pin (A) with fresh multipurpose grease.
5. Pack the interior of the new ball joint boot (B) and lip (C) with fresh multipurpose grease.
Note these items when installing new grease: -Keep grease off the boot mounting area (D) and the tapered section (E) of the ball pin.
-Do not allow dust, dirt, or other foreign materials to enter the boot.
6. Install the ball joint boot (A) using the bearing driver attachment. The boot must not have a gap at the boot installation sections (B). After installing the boot, check the ball pin tapered section for grease contamination, and wipe it if necessary.
7. Install the tie-rod end to the rack end.
8. Connect the tie-rod end ball joint to the knuckle (see step 32 on page 17-64).
9. Check the wheel alignment, and adjust it if necessary (see page 18-5).
ECM/PCM Idle Learn Procedure
The idle learn procedure must be done so the ECM/PCM can learn the engine idle characteristics. Do the idle learn procedure whenever you do any of these actions: - Replace ECM/PCM. ...
4-door 1 Remove the rear bumper (see page 20-260). 2. Remove the trunk side trim panel (see page 20-132). 3. Disconnect the connectors (A) from the taillights (B). 4 . Turn the bulb sockets ...
NOTE: Before testing, troubleshoot the multiplex integrated control unit first, using B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). The gauge control module has a self-diagnostic functio ...