Honda Accord: Rocker Arm Assembly Removal
1 Remove the cam chain (see page 6-62).
2. Loosen the rocker arm adjusting screws (A).
3. Remove the camshaft holder bolts. To prevent
damaging the camshafts, loosen the bolts, in
sequence, two turns at a time.
NOTE: Bolt is not on all engines.
4. Remove cam chain guide B (A), the camshaft holders
(B), and the camshafts (C).
5. Insert the bolts (A) into the rocker shaft holder, then
remove the rocker arm assembly (B).
1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76).
2. Inspect the camshaft (see page 6-84).
3. Check the cylinder head for warpage. Measure along
the edges, and three ways across the center.
- If ...
- Identify each part as it is removed so that each item can be
reinstalled in its original locations,
a Inspect the rocker arm shaft and rocker arms (see page 6-83).
- I ...
Component Location Index
This feature, when activated, plays
all files in the current folder in
random order. To activate folder
random play, select FOLDER
RANDOM by using the interface
knob, and press ENTER on the ...