Honda Accord: Parking Brake Cable Replacement
NOTE: - The parking brake cables must not be bent or distorted. This will lead to stiff operation and premature cable failure.
- Refer to the Exploded View as needed during this procedure.
1. Release the parking brake lever fully.
2. Loosen the parking brake cable adjusting nut (see page 19-8).
3. Remove the flange bolt (A) from the arm (B).
4. Disconnect the parking brake cable from the lever (C).
5. Remove the parking brake cable mounting hardware, then remove the cable.
6. Install the parking brake cable in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Be careful not to bend or distort the cable and boot (D).
- Make sure the clearance between the lower arm B and parking brake cable is more than 5 mm (0.20 in).
- Adjust the parking brake (see page 19-8).
Your vehicle is designed to operate on unleaded gasoline with a pump octane number of 87 or higher. Use of a lower octane gasoline can cause a persistent, heavy metallic rapping noise that c ...
To deter vehicle theft, certain major components are marked with the vehicle identification number (VIN). Original parts have self-adhesive labels. Replacement body parts have generic self-adhesive ...
Driver's Airbag Replacement
NOTE: If replacing the driver's airbag after deployment, refer to Component Replacement/Inspection After Deployment (see page 24-208) for a complete list of. other parts that must also be replace ...