Honda Accord: Oil Jet Replacement
1. Remove the oil pump (see page 8-17).
2. Remove the baffle plate (see step 8 on page 7-14).
3. Remove the oil jet bolts (A), then remove the oil jets (B).
4. Carefully install the oil jets, and tighten the oil jet bolts.
5. Install the baffle plate (see step 25 on page 7-29).
6. Install the oil pump (see page 8-23).
Oil Jet Inspection
1. Remove the oil jet (see page 8-14), and inspect it as follows.
- Make sure that a 1.2 mm (0.05 in) diameter drill will go through the nozzle hole (A) (1.31 mm (0.052 in) diameter).
- Insert the other end of a 1.9 mm (0.07 in) drill into the oil intake (2.0 mm (0.079 in) diameter). Make sure the check ball (B) moves smoothly and has a stroke of about 2.0 mm (0.079 in).
- Check the oil jet operation with an air nozzle. It should take at least 325 kPa (3.9 kgf/cm2,47psi) to unseat the check ball.
NOTE: Replace the oil jet assembly, if the nozzle is damaged or bent.
2. Carefully install the oil jet. The mounting torque is critical.
Specified Torque: 16 N-m (1.6 kgf-m, 12 Ibfft)
4th and 5th Clutch Reassembly
Special Tools Required Clutch Spring Compressor Set 07LAE PX40000 1. Soak the clutch discs thoroughly in ATF for at least 30 minutes. 2. Install new O-rings (A) on the clutch piston (B). Do not ...
Reporting Safety Defects
In the U.S. If you believe that your vehicle has a defect which could cause a crash or could cause injury or death, you should immediately inform the National Highway Traffic Safety Administratio ...
To safely operate your vehicle, your tires must be the proper type and size, in good condition with adequate tread, and correctly inflated. The following pages give more detailed information ...