Honda Accord: Mainshaft 5th Gear Axial Clearance Inspection
1. Remove the mainshaft transmission housing bearing (seepage 14-270).
2. Install the thrust needle bearing ( A ) , 5th gear ( B ) , the needle bearing (C), the thrust needle bearing (D), the 41 x 68 mm thrust washer (E), the 4th/5th clutch (F), the 4th gear collar (G), and the transmission housing bearing ( H ) on the mainshaft ( I ) . Do not install the O-rings during inspection.
3. Install the idler gear (J) on the mainshaft with a press, then install the conical spring washer (K) and the locknut (L).
4. Tighten the locknut to 29 N-m (3.0 kgfm, 22 Ibf-ft).
5. Set a dial indicator ( A ) on 5th gear ( B ) .
6. Lift 5th gear (A) up while holding the mainshaft, and use the dial indicator (B) to read the 5th gear axial clearance.
7. Measure the 5th gear axial clearance in at least three places while moving 5th gear. Use the average as the actual clearance.
Standard: 0.04-0.10 mm (0.002-0.004 In)
8. If the clearance is out of standard, remove the 41 x 68 mm thrust washer and measure its thickness (A).
3. Select and install a new thrust washer, then recheck.
THRUST WASHER, 41 x 68 mm
10. After replacing the thrust washer, make sure the clearance is within the standard.
11. Disassemble the installed parts from the mainshaft.
12. Reinstall the transmission housing bearing in the transmission housing (see page 14-271).
Memorizing the Tire Pressure Sensor ID
Special Tools Required TPMS Trigger Tool ATEQ VT55* - Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program 888-424-6857 All four tire pressure sensor IDs must be memorized to the TPMS control u ...
Emergency Trunk Opener
The trunk release lever allows you to open the trunk from inside for your safety. Slide the release lever in the direction of the arrow. Parents should decide if their children should be sho ...