Honda Accord: Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting Removal
NOTE: Before you work on the fuel lines and fittings, read the Fuel Line/Quick-Connect Fitting Precautions (see page 11-313).
1. If equipped, remove the quick-connect fitting cover from the fuel line. Raise the cover (A) from the fuel line (B), and remove it as shown.
2. Relieve the fuel pressure (see page 11 -306).
3. Check the fuel quick-connect fittings (A) for dirt, and clean them if needed.
4. Place a rag or shop towel over the quick-connect fitting. Hold the connector (A) with one hand, and squeeze the retainer tabs (B) with the other hand to release them from the locking tabs (C). Pull the connector off.
NOTE: - Be careful not to damage the line (D) or other parts.
Do not use tools.
- If the connector does not move, keep the retainer tabs pressed down, and alternately pull and push the connector until it comes off easily.
- Do not remove the retainer from the line; once removed, the retainer must be replaced with a new one.
6. To prevent damage and keep foreign matter out, cover the disconnected connector and line ends with plastic bags (A).
NOTE: The retainer cannot be reused once it has been removed from the line.
Replace the retainer when: - replacing the fuel rail.
- replacing the fuel line.
- replacing the fuel pump.
- replacing the fuel filter.
- replacing the EVAP canister.
- replacing the fuel fill pipe.
- replacing the fuel tank.
- it has been removed from the line.
- it is damaged.
Roof and Trunk
The diagrams in this section give you the dimensions and capacities of your vehicle and the locations of the identification numbers. It also includes information you should know about your v ...
Intermediate Shaft Removal
1. Drain the transmission fluid. Reinstall the drain plug using a new sealing washer: -Manual transmission (see page 13-5) -Automatic transmission (see page 14-192) 2. Remove the right driveshaft ...