Honda Accord: Door Glass Adjustment
NOTE: Check the door weatherstrip and the glass run channel for damage or deterioration, and replace them if necessary.
1. Place the vehicle on a firm, level surface when adjusting the door glass.
2. Remove these items: - Door panel: - 2-door (see page 20-12) - 4-door front door (see page 20-17) - 4-door rear door (see page 20-38) - Plastic cover: .
- Front door (see step 3 on page 20-21) - Rear door (see step 3 on page 20-42) 3. Carefully lower the glass (A) until you can see the nourtting bolts (B), then loosen them.
4. Push the glass against the glass run channel (C), then tighten the glass mounting bolts.
5. Check that the glass moves smoothly.
6. Raise the glass fully, and check for gaps. Also make sure that the glass (A) contacts the glass run channel (B) evenly.
7. Attach the plastic cover making sure it is sealed around its outside perimeter to seal out water.
8. Reinstall the door panel: - 2-door (see page 20-12).
- 4-door front door (see page 20-17).
- 4-door rear door (see page 20-38).
9. Check for water leaks. Run water over the roof and on the sealing area as shown, and note these items: - Use a 12 mm (1/2 in) diameter hose (A).
- Adjust the rate of water flow as shown (B).
- Do not use a nozzle.
- Hold the hose about 300 mm (12 in) away from the door (C).