Honda Accord: Cruise Control Input Test
NOTE: Always make sure that you have the latest Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) software.
1. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11 -3).
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
3. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM). If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit (see page 11-181).
4. Go to PGM-FI, and check for DTCs (see page 11-3).
5. Do the following tests while monitoring parameters in the PGM-FI DATA LIST with the HDS.
NOTE: Intermittent failures are often caused by loose circuit connections. While monitoring cruise control inputs, flex the circuit wires, and note if any of the test results change.