Honda Accord: Clutch Hydraulic System Bleeding
NOTE: - Do not reuse the drained fluid. Always use Honda DOT 3 Brake Fluid from an unopened container. Using a non-Honda brake fluid can cause corrosion and shorten the life of the system.
- Make sure no dirt or other foreign matter is allowed to contaminate the brake fluid.
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint or plastic. If brake fluid does contact the paint or plastic, wash it off immediately with water.
- It may be necessary to limit the movement of the release fork with a block of wood to remove all the air from the system.
- Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces.
1. Do the battery removal procedure (see page 22-92).
2. Make sure the brake fluid level in the clutch reservoir (A) is at the MAX (upper) level line (B).
3. Attach one end of a clear tube to the bleeder screw (A), and put the other end into a container. Loosen the bleeder screw to allow air to escape from the system.
4. Make sure there is an adequate supply of fluid in the reservoir, then slowly push the clutch pedal all the way down. Before releasing the pedal, have an assistant temporarily tighten the bleeder screw.
Loosen the bleeder screw, and push the clutch pedal down again. Repeat this step until no more bubbles appear at the clear tube.
NOTE: Make sure the fluid level on the reservoir does not go below MIN.
5. Tighten the bleeder screw securely.
6. Refill the brake fluid in the reservoir to the MAX (upper) level line.
7. Do the battery installation procedure (see page 22-92).
Transmission End Crankshaft Oil
Seal Installation - In Car.
Special Tools Required Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 Oil Seal Driver Attachment, 96 mm 07ZAD-PNAA100 1 Remove the transmission: - Manual transmission (see page 13-7) - Automatic transmis ...
Column Cover Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch or damage the column covers. - Do not pry the cover surface with any tools. 1. Adjust the steering column to the full ...