Honda Accord: Closing Force and Opening Drag Check
1. Remove the headliner (see page 20-140).
2. Closing force check: - Cover the leading edge of the glass (A) with a shop towel (B), and attach a spring scale (C) as shown.
- Have an assistant hold the switch to close the glass while you measure the force required to stop it.
- Read the force as soon as the glass stops moving, then immediately release the switch and a spring scale.
Closing force: 200-290 N (20-30 kgf, 4 4 - 6 6 ibf)
3. If the force in not within specification, remove the moonroof motor ( s e e page 20-96), and check the following items: - Check the gear teeth and the inner cable for breakage or damage. If the gear teeth-are broken, replace the motor. If the inner cable is damaged, remove the frame (see page 20-97), and replace the cable (see page 20-100).
- Check the moonroof motor (see page 22-373). If the motor fails to run or does not turn smoothly, replace it with a new one.
- Check the opening drag. Go to step 4.
4. Opening drag check: Cover the leading edge of the glass with a shop towel (A). Measure the effort required to open the glass with a spring scale (B) as shown.
5. If the load is over 40 N (4 kgf, 9 Ibf), check: - The side clearance and glass position adjustment (see page 20-91).
- For broken or damaged sliding parts. If any sliding parts are damaged, replace them.
6. Reset the moonroof control unit (see page 22-371) after reinstalling the moonroof motor.
PSP Switch Signal Circuit
1. Start the engine, and let it idle. 2. Align the steering wheel straight ahead. 3. Check the PSP SWITCH in the DATA LIST with the HDS. Does it indicate ON? YES-Go to step 4. NO-Go to s ...
The trip meter shows the number of miles (U.S.) or kilometers (Canada) driven since you last reset it. There are two trip meters: Trip A and Trip B. Switch between these displays by pressing ...
Ignition Switch Test
NOTE: SRS components are located in the area. Review the SRS component locations 4-door (see page 24-21), 2-door (see page 24-23), and precautions and procedures (see page 24-25) before doing repai ...