Honda Accord: Transmission Fluid Inspection and Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, and make sure it is securely supported.
2. Remove the front splash shield (see page 20-291).
3. Remove the oil filler plug (A) and the sealing washer (B), check the condition of the MTF, and make sure it is at the proper level (C).
4. If the fluid is dirty, remove the drain plug (A) and the sealing washer (B), and drain the MTF.
5. Install the drain plug with a new sealing washer, and refill the transmission with MTF to the proper level.
Always use Honda Manual Transmission Fluid (MTF).
1.9 L (2.0 US qt) at fluid change
2 0 L (2.1 US qt) at overhaul
6. Install the filler plug (C) with a new sealing washer (D).
7. Install the front splash shield (see page 20-291).
8. Lower the vehicle on the lift.
9. Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11-3). ' 10. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
11. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM). If it does not communicate, go to the DLC circuit troubleshooting (see page 11-181).
12. Select GAUGE MENU in the BODY ELECTRICAL with the HDS.
13. Select ADJUSTMENT in the GAUGES MENU with the HDS.
14. Select MAINTENANCE MINDER in the ADJUSTMENT with the HDS.
15. Select RESET in the MAINTENANCE MINDER with the HDS.
16. Select RESETTING THE MTF LIFE with the HDS.
Driver's Inner Middle Pad
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* * Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: -Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related pa ...
Your vehicle displays engine oil life and maintenance service items on the information display to show you when you should have your dealer do engine oil replacement and indicated maintenanc ...
Recommended Shift Points
Drive in the highest gear that lets the engine run and accelerate smoothly. This will give you good fuel economy and effective emissions control. The following shift points are recommended: ...