Honda Accord: Transmission Fluid Inspection and Replacement
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift, and make sure it is securely supported.
2. Remove the front splash shield (see page 20-291).
3. Remove the oil filler plug (A) and the sealing washer (B), check the condition of the MTF, and make sure it is at the proper level (C).
4. If the fluid is dirty, remove the drain plug (A) and the sealing washer (B), and drain the MTF.
5. Install the drain plug with a new sealing washer, and refill the transmission with MTF to the proper level.
Always use Honda Manual Transmission Fluid (MTF).
1.9 L (2.0 US qt) at fluid change
2 0 L (2.1 US qt) at overhaul
6. Install the filler plug (C) with a new sealing washer (D).
7. Install the front splash shield (see page 20-291).
8. Lower the vehicle on the lift.
9. Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) (see step 2 on page 11-3). ' 10. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
11. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the engine control module (ECM). If it does not communicate, go to the DLC circuit troubleshooting (see page 11-181).
12. Select GAUGE MENU in the BODY ELECTRICAL with the HDS.
13. Select ADJUSTMENT in the GAUGES MENU with the HDS.
14. Select MAINTENANCE MINDER in the ADJUSTMENT with the HDS.
15. Select RESET in the MAINTENANCE MINDER with the HDS.
16. Select RESETTING THE MTF LIFE with the HDS.
Installing a Child Seat with a Tether
A child seat with a tether can be installed in any seating position in the back seat, using one of the anchorage points shown above. Since a tether can provide additional security to the la ...
Maintenance Main Items and Sub Items
All maintenance items displayed on the information display are in code. For an explanation of these maintenance codes. ...
EX-L, EX-L PZEV models The automatic dimming Inside mirror has a front-facing lux level sensor (A), rear-facing lux level sensors (B), and a control unit. The control unit receives signals from ea ...