Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings a n d the needle bearings for g a l l i n g and rough movement
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Before installing new O-rings, wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent O-ring damage.
5. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
6. Install the conical spring washer, and the idler gear in the direction shown.
7. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The locknut has left-hand threads.
8. Check the clearance of 2nd gear (see page 14-294) and 1st gear (see page 14-295).
HFL Switch Removal/Installation
1. Remove the steering wheel (see page 17-6). 2. Remove the HFL switch (see page 17-7). 3. Install the HFL switch in the reverse order of removal. ...
HVAC Control Unit
Removal / Installation
1. Remove the audio unit (see page 23-115).' 2. Remove the self-tapping screws. If necessary, replace the bulbs (A). 3. While holding the HVAC control unit (A), firmly press the center of one of ...
Power Mirror Actuator Test
1. Remove the mirror mount cover (see page 20-62). 2. Disconnect the 8P connector (A) from the power mirror actuator (B). 3. Check the actuator operation by connecting battery power and ground ...