Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings a n d the needle bearings for g a l l i n g and rough movement
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Before installing new O-rings, wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent O-ring damage.
5. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
6. Install the conical spring washer, and the idler gear in the direction shown.
7. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The locknut has left-hand threads.
8. Check the clearance of 2nd gear (see page 14-294) and 1st gear (see page 14-295).
Evaporator Core Replacement
1. Recover the refrigerant with a recovery/recycIing/charging station (see page 21-80). 2. Remove the bolt from the A/C line clamp (A). 3. Remove the bolt, then disconnect the A/C line (A) fro ...
Alternator and Regulator
Special Tools Required Alternator, Regulator, Battery, and Starter Tester OTC3131* ^Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program 888-424-6857 1. Make sure the battery connections are go ...
Cf Under Head Removal
NOTE: - Use fender covers to avoid damaging painted surfaces. - To avoid damage, unplug the wiring connectors carefully while holding the connector portion. - Connect the Honda Diagnostic Sys ...