Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings a n d the needle bearings for g a l l i n g and rough movement
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Before installing new O-rings, wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent O-ring damage.
5. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
6. Install the conical spring washer, and the idler gear in the direction shown.
7. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The locknut has left-hand threads.
8. Check the clearance of 2nd gear (see page 14-294) and 1st gear (see page 14-295).
Alternator and Regulator
Special Tools Required Alternator, Regulator, Battery, and Starter Tester OTC3131* ^Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program 888-424-6857 1. Make sure the battery connections are go ...
Customer Service Information
Honda dealership personnel are trained professionals. They should be able to answer all your questions. If you encounter a problem that your dealership does not solve to your satisfaction, pl ...
Front Airbags (SRS)
The front SRS airbags inflate in a moderate-to-severe frontal collision to help protect the head and chest of the driver and/or front passenger. SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) indicates that ...