Honda Accord: Secondary Shaft Disassembly, Inspection, and Reassembly
1. Inspect the thrust needle bearings a n d the needle bearings for g a l l i n g and rough movement
2. Inspect the splines for excessive wear and damage.
3. Check the shaft bearing surface for scoring and excessive wear.
4. Before installing new O-rings, wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent O-ring damage.
5. Lubricate all parts with ATF during assembly.
6. Install the conical spring washer, and the idler gear in the direction shown.
7. Replace the locknut and the conical spring washer with new ones when assembling the transmission. The locknut has left-hand threads.
8. Check the clearance of 2nd gear (see page 14-294) and 1st gear (see page 14-295).
Special Tools Required -Attachment, 78 x 80 mm 07NAD-PX40100 -Driver Handle, 15 x 135L 07749-0010000 -Bearing Driver Attachment, 42 x 47 07746-0010300 1. Install the bearings in the direction show ...
To Play a Disc
To load or play discs, the ignition switch must be in the ACCESSORY (I) or ON (II) position. You operate the disc changer with the same controls used for the radio. To select the disc changer, ...