Honda Accord: Rear Brake Caliper Overhaul
Frequent inhalation of brake pad dust, regardless of material composition, could be hazardous to your health.
- Avoid breathing dust particles.
- Never use an air hose or brush to clean brake assemblies. Use an OSHA-approved vacuum cleaner.
Remove, disassemble, inspect, reassemble, and install the caliper, and note these items: NOTE: Make sure that the caliper pins are installed correctly. Upper caliper pin A and lower caliper pin B are different. If these caliper pins are installed in the wrong location, it will cause vibration, uneven or rapid brake pad wear, and possibly uneven tire wear.
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint. If brake fluid gets on the paint, wash it off immediately with water.
- To prevent dripping brake fluid, cover disconnected hose joints with clean rags or shop towels.
- Clean all parts in brake fluid and air dry; blow out all passages with compressed air.
- Before reassembling, check that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles, e Replace parts with new ones as specified in the illustration.
- !Y!2ke sure no dirt or other foreign matter gets in the brake fluid.
- Make sure no grease or oil gets on the brake discs or the pads.
- When reusing brake pads, always reinstall them in their original positions to prevent loss of braking efficiency.
- Do not reuse drained brake fluid. Use only new Honda DOT 3 Brake Fluid from an unopened container. Using a non-Honda brake fluid can cause corrosion and shorten the life of the system.
- Coat the piston, the piston seal groove, and the caliper bore with clean brake fluid.
- Use recommended greases in the rear caliper set.
- After installing the caliper, check the brake hose and line for leaks, interference, and twisting.
Out-of-Round and Taper 1. Remove the crankshaft from the engine block (see page 7-14). 2. Remove the crankshaft position (CKP) pulse plate from the crankshaft (see page 7-30). 3. Clean the cr ...
To Play the Radio
The band and frequency that the radio was last tuned to are displayed. To change bands, press the AM or FM button. On the FM band, ST will be displayed if the station is broadcasting in stere ...
Front Passenger's Weight Sensor Output Check After
a Vehicle Collision
1. Position the front passenger's seat to the rear most position, and adjust the seat-back to the forward most position. Do not move the seat from this position. 2. Drive the vehicle, accelerate ...