Honda Accord: Pump Replacement
1. Place a suitable container under the vehicle to catch any spilled fluid.
2. Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir (see page 17-28).
3. Remove the drive belt (A) from the pump pulley (see page 4-30).
4. Cover the auto-tensioner, the alternator, and the A/C compressor with several shop towels to protect them from spilled power steering fluid. Disconnect the pump inlet hose (B) and the pump outlet hose (C) from the pump (D), and plug them. Take care not to spill the fluid on the vehicle. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once. Do not turn t h e steering wheel with the pump removed.
5. Remove the pump mounting bolts (E), then remove the pump.
6. Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent foreign material from entering the pump.
7. Transfer the pump inlet hose and the pump outlet hose from the original pump onto the new pump with a new O-ring (F).
8. Loosely install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolts, then tighten the pump fittings to the specified torque.
9. Tighten the pump mounting bolts to the specified torque.
10. Install the drive belt (A) (see page 4-30).
Note these items during drive belt installation: -Inspect the belt for wear and cracks. Replace the belt if necessary.
-Make sure that the belt is properly positioned on the pulleys (B).
-Do not get power steering fluid or grease on the auto-tensioner, the alternator, the A/C compressor, and the drive belt, or the pulley faces. Clean off any fluid or grease before installation.
11. Fill the reservoir to the upper level line (see page 17-28).
12. Start the engine, and check for leaks.
Oil Pan Installation
1. Remove all of the old liquid gasket from the oil pan mating surfaces, the bolts, and the bolt holes. 2. Clean and dry the oil pan mating surfaces. 3. Apply liquid gasket, P/N 08717-0004,0871 ...
If the vehicle needs to be towed, call a professional towing service. Never tow the vehicle behind another vehicle with just a rope or chain It is very dangerous. Emergency Towing There are three ...
1. Close the glass fully. 2. Slide the sunshade all the way back. 3. Pry out the lid (A), remove the screw (B), and release the hooks (C), then remove the bracket cover (D). Repeat on the op ...