Honda Accord: Pump Replacement
1. Place a suitable container under the vehicle to catch any spilled fluid.
2. Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir (see page 17-28).
3. Remove the drive belt (A) from the pump pulley (see page 4-30).
4. Cover the auto-tensioner, the alternator, and the A/C compressor with several shop towels to protect them from spilled power steering fluid. Disconnect the pump inlet hose (B) and the pump outlet hose (C) from the pump (D), and plug them. Take care not to spill the fluid on the vehicle. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once. Do not turn t h e steering wheel with the pump removed.
5. Remove the pump mounting bolts (E), then remove the pump.
6. Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent foreign material from entering the pump.
7. Transfer the pump inlet hose and the pump outlet hose from the original pump onto the new pump with a new O-ring (F).
8. Loosely install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolts, then tighten the pump fittings to the specified torque.
9. Tighten the pump mounting bolts to the specified torque.
10. Install the drive belt (A) (see page 4-30).
Note these items during drive belt installation: -Inspect the belt for wear and cracks. Replace the belt if necessary.
-Make sure that the belt is properly positioned on the pulleys (B).
-Do not get power steering fluid or grease on the auto-tensioner, the alternator, the A/C compressor, and the drive belt, or the pulley faces. Clean off any fluid or grease before installation.
11. Fill the reservoir to the upper level line (see page 17-28).
12. Start the engine, and check for leaks.
Information Display Warning andInformation Messages
The following messages appear only on the information display. ...
Center Console Removal/Installation
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Take care not to scratch the front seat, the dashboard, or the related parts. 1 . Remove these items: - Center console panel (see page 20-157) ...
DTC B1127: Driver's Door Key Cylinder Switch Malfunction NOTE: If you are troubleshooting multiple DTCs, be sure to follow the instructions in B-CAN System Diagnosis Test Mode A (see page 22-134). ...