Honda Accord: Pump Replacement
1. Place a suitable container under the vehicle to catch any spilled fluid.
2. Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir (see page 17-28).
3. Remove the drive belt (A) from the pump pulley (see page 4-30).
4. Cover the auto-tensioner, the alternator, and the A/C compressor with several shop towels to protect them from spilled power steering fluid. Disconnect the pump inlet hose (B) and the pump outlet hose (C) from the pump (D), and plug them. Take care not to spill the fluid on the vehicle. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once. Do not turn t h e steering wheel with the pump removed.
5. Remove the pump mounting bolts (E), then remove the pump.
6. Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent foreign material from entering the pump.
7. Transfer the pump inlet hose and the pump outlet hose from the original pump onto the new pump with a new O-ring (F).
8. Loosely install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolts, then tighten the pump fittings to the specified torque.
9. Tighten the pump mounting bolts to the specified torque.
10. Install the drive belt (A) (see page 4-30).
Note these items during drive belt installation: -Inspect the belt for wear and cracks. Replace the belt if necessary.
-Make sure that the belt is properly positioned on the pulleys (B).
-Do not get power steering fluid or grease on the auto-tensioner, the alternator, the A/C compressor, and the drive belt, or the pulley faces. Clean off any fluid or grease before installation.
11. Fill the reservoir to the upper level line (see page 17-28).
12. Start the engine, and check for leaks.
Recirculation Control Motor
1. Remove the glove box (see page 20-174). 2. Disconnect the 7P connector (A) from the recirculation control motor (B). Remove the self-tapping screws and the recirculation control motor from th ...
Navigation Display Unit
1 Remove the audio unit (see page 23-114), then remove the center display visor (see page 20-171). 2. Remove the screws and bolts (A), then pull out the navigation display unit (B). 3. Install ...