Honda Accord: Pump Replacement
1. Place a suitable container under the vehicle to catch any spilled fluid.
2. Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir (see page 17-28).
3. Remove the drive belt (A) from the pump pulley (see page 4-30).
4. Cover the auto-tensioner, the alternator, and the A/C compressor with several shop towels to protect them from spilled power steering fluid. Disconnect the pump inlet hose (B) and the pump outlet hose (C) from the pump (D), and plug them. Take care not to spill the fluid on the vehicle. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once. Do not turn t h e steering wheel with the pump removed.
5. Remove the pump mounting bolts (E), then remove the pump.
6. Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent foreign material from entering the pump.
7. Transfer the pump inlet hose and the pump outlet hose from the original pump onto the new pump with a new O-ring (F).
8. Loosely install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolts, then tighten the pump fittings to the specified torque.
9. Tighten the pump mounting bolts to the specified torque.
10. Install the drive belt (A) (see page 4-30).
Note these items during drive belt installation: -Inspect the belt for wear and cracks. Replace the belt if necessary.
-Make sure that the belt is properly positioned on the pulleys (B).
-Do not get power steering fluid or grease on the auto-tensioner, the alternator, the A/C compressor, and the drive belt, or the pulley faces. Clean off any fluid or grease before installation.
11. Fill the reservoir to the upper level line (see page 17-28).
12. Start the engine, and check for leaks.
Upper Arm Replacement
Special Tools Required -Ball Joint Thread Protector, 10 mm 07AAF-SECA120 - Ball Joint Remover, 28 mm 07MAC-SL0A202 1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1-13). 2. Remove the front wheel. ...
Oil Filter Base Replacement
1. Remove the oil filter (see page 8-12). 2. Remove the exhaust pipe bracket (A), then remove the oil filter base (B). 3. Clean the O-ring grooves and the mating surface with the oil filter ba ...
Rear Window Replacement
NOTE: - Put on gloves to protect your hands. - Wear eye protection while cutting the glass adhesive with a piano wire. - Use seat covers to avoid damaging any surfaces. - Do not damage the ...