Honda Accord: Opening the Hood
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface, and set
the parking brake.
2. Pull the hood release handle under the lower left corner of the dashboard.
- The hood will pop up slightly.
3. Push up the hood latch lever in the center of the hood to release the lock mechanism, and open the hood.
4. Remove the support rod from the clamp using the grip. Mount the support rod in the hood.
When closing, remove the support rod, and stow it in the clamp, then gently lower the hood. Remove your hand at a height of approximately 12 inches (30 cm) and let the hood close.
4. Lift the hood up most of the way.
- The hydraulic supports will lift it up the rest of the way and hold it up.
When closing, lower it to approximately 12 inches (30 cm), then press down firmly with your hands.
Do not open the hood when the wiper arms are raised.
The hood will strike the wipers, and may damage either the hood or the wipers.
When closing the hood, check that the hood is securely latched.
If the hood latch lever moves stiffly, or if you can open the hood without lifting the lever, the latch mechanism should be cleaned and lubricated.
Wheel Runout Inspection
1. Raise and support the vehicle (see page 1 -13). 2. Check for a bent or deformed wheel. 3. Set up the dial gauge as shown, and measure the axial runout by turning the wheel. Front and rear w ...
Rear Door Sash Outer Trim
4-door NOTE: Take care not to scratch the door. 1. Remove the door outer molding (see page 20-54). 2. Pull up the door sash outer trim (A) to release the trim from the clips, and release the t ...
Audio Remote Controls
Allows you to operate the audio system while driving. The CD mode appears only when a CD is loaded. ...