Honda Accord: Opening the Hood
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface, and set
the parking brake.
2. Pull the hood release handle under the lower left corner of the dashboard.
- The hood will pop up slightly.
3. Push up the hood latch lever in the center of the hood to release the lock mechanism, and open the hood.
4. Remove the support rod from the clamp using the grip. Mount the support rod in the hood.
When closing, remove the support rod, and stow it in the clamp, then gently lower the hood. Remove your hand at a height of approximately 12 inches (30 cm) and let the hood close.
4. Lift the hood up most of the way.
- The hydraulic supports will lift it up the rest of the way and hold it up.
When closing, lower it to approximately 12 inches (30 cm), then press down firmly with your hands.
Do not open the hood when the wiper arms are raised.
The hood will strike the wipers, and may damage either the hood or the wipers.
When closing the hood, check that the hood is securely latched.
If the hood latch lever moves stiffly, or if you can open the hood without lifting the lever, the latch mechanism should be cleaned and lubricated.
Identification numbers have been assigned to in-line connectors, junction connectors, and terminals. The number is preceded by the letter "C" for connectors, " G " for ground te ...
Rear Safing Sensor Replacement
Removal 1. Do the battery t e r m i n a l disconnection p r o c e d u r e (see page 22-91), t h e n wait at least 3 minutes before starting w o r k . 2. Remove t h e rear seat c u s h i o n (see ...
Selecting a Child Seat
When buying a child seat, you need to choose either a conventional child seat, or one designed for use with the Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) system. Conventional child seats ...