Honda Accord: Opening the Hood
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface, and set
the parking brake.
2. Pull the hood release handle under the lower left corner of the dashboard.
- The hood will pop up slightly.
3. Push up the hood latch lever in the center of the hood to release the lock mechanism, and open the hood.
4. Remove the support rod from the clamp using the grip. Mount the support rod in the hood.
When closing, remove the support rod, and stow it in the clamp, then gently lower the hood. Remove your hand at a height of approximately 12 inches (30 cm) and let the hood close.
4. Lift the hood up most of the way.
- The hydraulic supports will lift it up the rest of the way and hold it up.
When closing, lower it to approximately 12 inches (30 cm), then press down firmly with your hands.
Do not open the hood when the wiper arms are raised.
The hood will strike the wipers, and may damage either the hood or the wipers.
When closing the hood, check that the hood is securely latched.
If the hood latch lever moves stiffly, or if you can open the hood without lifting the lever, the latch mechanism should be cleaned and lubricated.
Valve Clearance Adjustment
Special Tools Required . Locknut Wrench 07MAA-PR70120 . Adjuster 07MAA-PR70110 NOTE: Connect the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) to the data link connector (DLC) and monitor the engine coolant temp ...
Driver's Outer Middle Pad
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 NOTE: - Take care not to scratch the dashboard or the related pa ...
Auxiliary Jack Assembly
1. Remove the center console (see page 20-158). 2. Disconnect the 5P connector (A), and carefully pull out the auxiliary jack assembly (B) from the center console box. 3. Install the auxiliary ...