Honda Accord: Opening the Hood
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface, and set
the parking brake.
2. Pull the hood release handle under the lower left corner of the dashboard.
- The hood will pop up slightly.
3. Push up the hood latch lever in the center of the hood to release the lock mechanism, and open the hood.
4. Remove the support rod from the clamp using the grip. Mount the support rod in the hood.
When closing, remove the support rod, and stow it in the clamp, then gently lower the hood. Remove your hand at a height of approximately 12 inches (30 cm) and let the hood close.
4. Lift the hood up most of the way.
- The hydraulic supports will lift it up the rest of the way and hold it up.
When closing, lower it to approximately 12 inches (30 cm), then press down firmly with your hands.
Do not open the hood when the wiper arms are raised.
The hood will strike the wipers, and may damage either the hood or the wipers.
When closing the hood, check that the hood is securely latched.
If the hood latch lever moves stiffly, or if you can open the hood without lifting the lever, the latch mechanism should be cleaned and lubricated.
Rear License Plate Light Bulbs
The license plate has two lights above it. The bulbs should be replaced by your dealer. ...
To Play an iPod
This audio system can select and play the audio files on the iPod with the same controls used for the disc player. To play an iPod, connect it to the USB adapter cable in the console compart ...
Adding Engine Oil
Unscrew and remove the engine oil fill cap on top of the valve cover. Pour in the oil slowly and carefully so you do not spill any. Clean up any spills immediately. Spilled oil could damage ...