Honda Accord: Oil Pump Chain inspection
1. Remove the oil pan (see page 7-11).
2. Measure the oil pump chain auto-tensioner rod
length. If the length is over the service limit, replace
the oil pump chain (see page 8-25).
Oil Pump Chain Auto-Tensioner Rod Length
Service Limit: 13 mm (0.51 in)
3. Install the oil pan (see page 7-30).
1. Seat the balancer shaft by pushing it away from the oil
pump sprocket end of the oil pump.
2. Zero the dial indicator against the end of the balancer
shaft, then push the balancer shaft back a ...
NOTE: Keep the oil pump chain away from magnetic
1. Remove the drive belt (see page 4-30).
2. Remove the oil pan (see page 7-11).
3. Support the engine with a jack and a wood ...