Honda Accord: Master Cylinder Replacement
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; It may damage the paint. If brake fluid gets on the paint, wash It off Immediately with water.
- Be careful not to damage or bend the brake lines during removal and installation.
- After removal; plug the ends of the hoses and the joints to prevent spilling brake fluid.
1. Remove the under-hood fuse/relay box mount nut (A) and release the clip (B), then move the under-hood fuse/relay box (C) aside.
2. Remove the reservoir cap and the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir with a syringe.
3. Disconnect the brake fluid level switch connector (A).
4. Disconnect the brake lines (B) from the master cylinder (C). To prevent spills, cover the hose joints with clean rags or shop towels.
5. Remove the master cylinder mounting nuts (D) and the washers (E).
6. Remove the master cylinder from the brake booster (F). Be careful not to bend or damage the brake lines when removing the master cylinder.
7. Remove the rod seal (G) from the master cylinder.
NOTE: During installation, set a new rod seal onto the master cylinder with its grooved side (H) toward the master cylinder.
8. Install the master cylinder in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Coat the inner bore lip and the outer circumference of the new rod seal with the Shin-Etsu silicone grease (P/N 08798-9013).
- Make sure not to get any silicone grease on the terminal part of the connectors and switches, especially if you have silicone grease on your hands or gloves.
- Check the brake pedal height and free play after installing the master cylinder, and adjust it if necessary (see page 19-6).
9. Bleed the brake system (see page 19-9).
10. Spin the wheels to check for brake drag.
Automatic Climate Control Sensors
The automatic climate control system is equipped with a sunlight sensor and an interior temperature sensor. Do not cover or spill any liquid on them. ...
Brake Hose Replacement
NOTE; - Before reassembling, cheek that all parts are free of dirt and other foreign particles. - Replace parts with new ones whenever specified to do so. - Do not spill brake fluid on the ve ...
Power Mirror Actuator Replacement
Removal 1. Remove the mirror holder (see page 20-63). 2. Remove the power mirror (see page 20-62), and disconnect the power mirror 8P connector from the door wire harness. 3. Remove the gaske ...