Honda Accord: Input Shaft (Mainshaft) Speed Sensor Replacement
1. Remove the nut securing the under-hood fuse/relay box, and swing it out of the way.
2. Remove the intake air duct and the air cleaner housing.
3. Disconnect the input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor connector, and remove the input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor (A).
4. Install a new O-ring (B) on a new input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor, then install the input shaft (mainshaft) speed sensor in the transmission housing.
5. Check the connector for rust, dirt, or oil, and clean or repair if necessary, then connect the connector securely.
6. Install the intake air duct and the air cleaner housing.
7. Install the under-hood fuse/relay box.
Customer Service Information
Honda dealership personnel are trained professionals. They should be able to answer all your questions. If you encounter a problem that your dealership does not solve to your satisfaction, please ...
Additional Information on Recommended Discs
The in-dash disc player/changer has a sophisticated and delicate mechanism. If you insert a damaged disc as indicated in this section, it may become stuck inside and damage the audio unit. ...
NOTE: Do not rotate the camshaft during inspection. 1. Remove the cylinder head (see page 6-76). 2. Disassemble the rocker arm assembly (see page 6-82). 3. Remove the rocker arm assembly (se ...