Honda Accord: If the Low Oil Pressure IndicatorComes On
Х Reasons for the indicator to come on
Comes on when the engine oil pressure is low.
Х What to do as soon as the indicator comes on
1. Immediately park the vehicle in a safe place.
2. If necessary, turn the hazard warning lights on.
Х What to do after parking the vehicle
1. Stop the engine and let it sit for about one minute.
2. Open the hood and check the oil level.
- Add oil as necessary.
3. Start the engine and check the low oil pressure indicator.
- The light goes out: Start driving again.
- The light does not go out within 10 seconds: Stop the engine and contact a dealer for repairs immediately.
Running the engine with low oil pressure can cause serious mechanical damage almost immediately.
General Troubleshooting Information
How to Check for DTCs with the HDS There are three methods used to check for DTCs. The recommended method is to use the Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) with the appropriate software, plugged into th ...
Trim Removal/Installation - Pillar
Special Tools Required KTC Trim Tool Set SOJATP2014* *Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program; call 888-424-6857 A-Pillar Trim SRS components are located in this area. Review the ...
ATF Cooler Cleaning
Special Tools Required вАҐATF Cooler Cleaner GHTTTCF6H -Magnetic Nonbypass Spin-On Filter GTHGNBP2* *: Available through the Honda Tool and Equipment Program 888-424-6857. Before installing an ov ...